1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i purchased a Taurus G2C last black Friday. I think i gave 299.00 for the gun, a Veridian laser sight and the Heritage rough rider combo deal. It was a complete impulse buy.....

Today i met a buddy after work and brought it along to put some rounds down the range.

I had 115 grain Monach, 115 grain blazer, and 115 grain winchester white box ammo

probably 85% of the rounds had problems feeding or ejecting.

first thought. . bad magazine so i tried another and same thing.
Then i thought. . dont like the ammo!
switched to another and same thing
switched to the other same thing

it just flat out ran like crap.

so after about 100 rounds through im hoping that it starts breaking in or cycling better. . . but not my luck. . . the slide started cycling so slow i could see it in motion. . at some points sort of sticking before trying to go into battery and wedging bullets in the chamber

frustration kicked in and i just packed the damn thing up. i will break it down and check the rails for burs or anything that could be causing the lazy slide issue. then give it another good clean and maybe toss a bit more lube on it for the next outing.

like i said, this was an impulse buy. I have always told myself i would never own a taurus but seeing the price and watching all the rave reviews this thing has had i thought "whats the worst that can go wrong"?

but yea. . . . . not very impressed so far. . .

anyone else have any experiences with these?

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Just chalk it up to lessons learned and move on. Sell it to a Pawn shop or something. What pisses me off is some TV shows like Guns & Ammo TV, they brag a about guns like the G2 how great they are. Then there's a Commercial right after the spot on the great Taurus pistols. And there nothing but crap. Those programs and half the gun magazines are just one big Commercial. But I'm guilty, I buy them(magazines) cause there nothing better out there. JMHO.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just chalk it up to lessons learned and move on. Sell it to a Pawn shop or something. What pisses me off is some TV shows like Guns & Ammo TV, they brag a about guns like the G2 how great they are. Then there's a Commercial right after the spot on the great Taurus pistols. And there nothing but crap. Those programs and half the gun magazines are just one big Commercial. But I'm guilty, I buy them(magazines) cause there nothing better out there. JMHO.
yea, ill get the gun running . . honestly, it will probably become my boat gun if i can get it shooting more reliably.

the slide feels a bit grainy when racking it still, so im thinking it just needs a good clean and lube. . maybe run some toothpaste on the rails and spend some time racking it back and forth before next range day. we shall see

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,599 Posts
My son-in-law just got one of those, hope his doesn't suck like that.

No, he didn't ask my advice before he bought it.

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
I have seen this happen to a few other 9mms. Try a heavier load. 124 gr ammo has helped in some of them.

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
My son-n-law bought the exact same pistol. He used some 115 gr he got from a friend, but switched to the 124 gr. I haven't heard about any problems. He doesn't shoot very much though. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it’s not a G2C, but my brother in law just purchased a new G3 and we took it out to the range. I’m not a Taurus fan, but I was pretty impressed with it. We shot probably 500rds that day of S&B 115 fmj, Federal HST 124gr standard pressure, 124gr golden sabers, 147gr Remington jhp, and 125gr black bullet reloads. It ran 100%. No issues of any kind. I couldn’t believe it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,058 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad experience.
I was very skeptical about anything Taurus.
But I bought G2C anyway.
My experience is completely opposite.
In 600 rounds my G2C has been 100%.
Believe me... I have tried to break it.
I have not cleaned it, and tried every brand of ammo I can think of and the thing just runs.
Still not a Taurus fan in general, however my G2C must be an anomaly!
It’s both accurate and reliable!
CA06A999-69AB-425F-965B-47AB41A4172F.jpeg
F1AE9DFB-C9FF-4A11-BF23-87FAE0B51FD0.jpeg

06B2B13B-9C08-4CA0-8CF5-E73BD96689C1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
My wife's very first gun purchase was a G2.
She said she liked the way it fit her hand and the trigger pull was nice.
I just let her cause experience is the best teacher.
I was surprised at what a nice pistol it was.
Shot great right out of the box. 100% reliable and plenty accurate.
I hate striker fired guns, but the trigger wasn't mushy or overly heavy like
nearly every other striker I've tried.
Her EDC is a Ruger LCP now but the Taurus is currently in her bug-out bag.
I think she paid $270 out the door and that included 2 boxes of Win ammo.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I won a G2 at my LGS . I've had no problems at all. So a buddy of mine bought one after shooting the one I have. His is a turd. You name it and it happened with this gun. He sent it back and taurus replaced it with a new one. No problems with this one. These guns are hit or miss. Send it back it's worth a try. For me they are range gun only.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear of your bad experience.
I was very skeptical about anything Taurus.
But I bought G2C anyway.
My experience is completely opposite.
In 600 rounds my G2C has been 100%.
Believe me... I have tried to break it.
I have not cleaned it, and tried every brand of ammo I can think of and the thing just runs.
Still not a Taurus fan in general, however my G2C must be an anomaly!
It’s both accurate and reliable!
View attachment 430973 View attachment 430975

View attachment 430953
i looked at it briefly last night and im starting to suspect it just needs a good cleaning and extra lube. there are high spots im seeing all down the rails

ill get it back on the range this weekend and ill give it another chance

im also going to order a lakeline steel guide rod and see if that makes any sort of improvement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I picked up a PT111 G2 a while back and I must say I was impressed. Felt good in the hand easy to operate had a MS and LCI held 13 rds and for me shot very fast and accurate at 7 to 10 yards. Mine shot every thing I ran through it from 115 gr FMJ to 124 gr HST. Best $200 I ever spent on a gun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up a PT111 G2 a while back and I must say I was impressed. Felt good in the hand easy to operate had a MS and LCI held 13 rds and for me shot very fast and accurate at 7 to 10 yards. Mine shot every thing I ran through it from 115 gr FMJ to 124 gr HST. Best $200 I ever spent on a gun.
im hoping i didnt get a dud. . .

unfortunately, all the COVID stuff broke out just after, so i have not been out to a range to give it a second go. I did find a bur and some high spots on the rail that i got filed down nice and flat. . . . it will probably be a while from now. Im hording my ammo at this point lol. . .but when i get it back on the range, i will try to remember to report back and see if there are any improvements

1 - 16 of 16 Posts