1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first Colt today (was on consignment at my LGS). Special Combat Government in 38 Super. Original paperwork, box, and even the white sleeve that goes over it! She's not perfect, but I love her just the same. I got her cleaned and oiled up, so hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon!
White Air gun Trigger Grey Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice pickup!

Reactions: PantaRhei

·
Premium Member
6,464 Posts
I suggest that you store it away from all other guns you have...............
Colts tend to multiply!

Oh,,,,, btw v v v v
Tie Dress shirt Sleeve Gesture Collar

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't wait...I took it out tonight lol Wow... This thing is great! I'm not used to a black front sight (strong preference for gold dots), but it is a sweet shooter. I'm quickly becoming a heck of a fan of 38 Super! Would it be blasphemous to throw a gold dot on her?

·
Premium Member
6,464 Posts
I couldn't wait...I took it out tonight lol Wow... This thing is great! I'm not used to a black front sight (strong preference for gold dots), but it is a sweet shooter. I'm quickly becoming a heck of a fan of 38 Super! Would it be blasphemous to throw a gold dot on her?
ACW has the best Gold Dots!!!!! .125 dia. ...................... BIG!

Reactions: PantaRhei

·
Registered
225 Posts
Would it be blasphemous to throw a gold dot on her?
Absolutely not! If a gold dot helps you like it helps many shooters (me included) with sight acquisition, it would be blasphemous not to add it. Beautiful pistol, congrats.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,278 Posts
Very nice find. Definitely get a gold bead, don't get a brass one. The real deal gold is much brighter to me.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
SCGs are a fabulous gun. Yours is from before the switch from nickel to hard chrome in 2013 I believe. It also has the black wood grips instead if the g10s or whatever.

If you look either on trigger guard or under the grips there should be a number of which smith at the custom shop built it. Typically it matches with the shooter of the target but not 100%.

Outside of my Yost or Burton my SCGs are my favorite colts I have ever owned.

-gunsmith fit barrel
-S&A magwell blended and polished by the polishers at colt.
-ridiculously accurate and dependable
Those 2 tones have a fabulous royal blue polish on em.

Great Great gun. Congrats.

As I like to say an SCG is what people actually expect a colt to be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts