1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am Groot!
Translated - awesome acquisition, @TheCollector! You have some serious ‘mad money’ for this hobby!!!
:ROFLMAO:
Wow!..... That's a wild thought.. mad money!
I don't have any mad money for this hobby..... I just send Joe an invoice to be paid. On the bottom I just write " I know where Hunter is & what he's up to."
It's worked for almost 3 years now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,427 Posts
She’sssa beautiful Wheelie!
Congrats an a fine vintage Python!
Careful now...
That vintage Snake hole runs deep!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the mrs!

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
She’sssa beautiful Wheelie!
Congrats an a fine vintage Python!
Careful now...
That vintage Snake hole runs deep!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the mrs!
Says the ADDICT who lead me to the Snake Hole and said... "what is there not to like (and want) about "My Precious"

Happy Thanksgiving to as well my friend! 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: Uncle Bob and Dub

·
born in the wrong century
6,475 Posts
Gorgeous wheelie.

Classic that will be buttery smooth and make you grin.

Very nicely done.

It appears to be pristine.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Beautiful as they always are. From the box I’m guessing 60s-70s era gun. Have you checked the serial number on Colts lookup site to find out what year she was born? An archive letter would also be nice. You’d be surprised what you may find out about it. Not really what it is but who it may have shipped to and where originally.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Call Sandy Garrett for an action job. The only other person I know that was as good with Pythons was Chuck Ries. Sandy is one of the last great Colt wheelgun smiths. My Viper was done by him and slick as snot.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
So I dip another toe into the waters of Revolvers. My last firearm venture was getting my first lever action rifle.
Soooooooooooo .... it was only natural that I should find a Colt Python. (don't ask me what the corrilation of the two is other than they both are .357 Magnum)
My FFL called and said it had arrived. When I got there he asked me "you do realize that this gun isn't a semi auto don't you?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.... his sense of humor is a bit strange sometimes.
Anyway.... a shout out to @Cousin Vinny for the nice package.... Even Groot approves.

View attachment 865597 View attachment 865598 View attachment 865599 View attachment 865600
This gave me goose bumps!

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,544 Posts
So I dip another toe into the waters of Revolvers. My last firearm venture was getting my first lever action rifle.
Soooooooooooo .... it was only natural that I should find a Colt Python. (don't ask me what the corrilation of the two is other than they both are .357 Magnum)
My FFL called and said it had arrived. When I got there he asked me "you do realize that this gun isn't a semi auto don't you?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.... his sense of humor is a bit strange sometimes.
Anyway.... a shout out to @Cousin Vinny for the nice package.... Even Groot approves.

View attachment 865597 View attachment 865598 View attachment 865599 View attachment 865600
That's a perfect snake. Love the blued vintage ones. Congrats and you're building one heck of a gun collection I have to say.

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
That's a perfect snake. Love the blued vintage ones. Congrats and you're building one heck of a gun collection I have to say.
I'm thinking when my boat sinks with all of them aboard. Someone might think its worthwhile to do a salvage dive....
I better make sure its in some deep water.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts