1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my Glock purge, I now had available funds for my first STI. So again, I went back into my LGS that had the Guardian that I have been eyeing for weeks.

Well, before I left work I get the STI grip sale email and they have the DVC C grip for $99. Damn that is a great price.

I was going in to try and get a cash post black Friday price. I ask what the price would be with tax. I had a number that I was going for. He then says he'll knock $80 off. Better than I was going to try and do. Done!

Here it is with a grip and magazines on the way.

Brown Product Gun Firearm Trigger

Thank you to all that answered my questions along the way to get me here.

dvs6

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the replies!

Update for y'all:

I have been able to take it out to the range twice now. I have 288 rounds through it so far and it is great!

I did have 2 failure to feed on the first outing. I did not check if it was the Gen1 or Gen2 magazine when it happened. I just pulled the slide back a bit, released and was back shooting. Also, I only added "some" oil before I took it out. I'm not too worried about at this point. The second time I oiled it better and it was flawless.

Also, for each session, I tried the different grips, the original one and the DVC one. Honestly, for me, the original one felt better. The checkering helped keep the gun locked in my hand better. Still more testing in the future.

Another side note, I need to get rid of the 3 white dot sights! I has been a long time since I have used this set up - just too much going on. I shot ok with them but will change to black rear and fiber optic front soon. Probably just black them out for now.

dvs6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.