My first Wilson - an EDC X9

Discussion in 'Wilson Combat' started by Smok3y, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Smok3y

Smok3y Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I took the plunge last week and jumped into an area I’ve never been before, the 1911 area, or in this case pretty close to it, with the EDC X9. I picked it up today.
    I had been looking at several different options lately, and I saw one of these a few weeks ago and decided I wanted one just like this. I floundered back and forth and changed my mind, until a guy I dealt with previously decided to sell his.
    I have heard about the excellent build quality, and I have always thought my less expensive polymer handguns were well made. But this is on another level. I am so impressed by the quality. The fit, OMG. There is no space/gaps. It is so smooth. I picked it up today, and didn’t get to go out and shoot it yet, but man, so I want to!!
    I bought it with the idea that it might become my EDC if choice, but I’m not sure I’m going there just yet. I obviously have to practice (a lot) and get used to the safety before making that type of switch, but it may be larger and heavier than I hoped. Probably as much as I expected, but more than I hoped. It may be relegated to more of a range gun. We’ll see. Either way, I’m in the club.

Behold the Storm Trooper X9...
    [​IMG]

Dub, slatecaller, Dwe and 8 others like this.
  2. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Congrats on your purchase!!....... you will NOT be disappointed.

Dub and Smok3y like this.

3. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Congratulations...Wilson makes great guns in my view !!

Dub and Smok3y like this.
  4. Addicted2gunz

Addicted2gunz Undecided on whether or not I'm indecisive... Supporting Addict

Jul 14, 2018
    O
    M
    G
    :bang:

That is beautiful !!!

Dub, Tnj1911 and Smok3y like this.
  5. BigSkyGuy

BigSkyGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2018
    Whoa! Did you let @Addicted2gunz play with it...?:cool2:

Its "pimpalicious"!

Dub, Raydog1911 and Smok3y like this.
  6. Smok3y

Smok3y Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The finish is even better than I could have imagined. I thought it looked good in the pictures, but it looks even better in person than I could have imagined.

7. Smok3y

Smok3y Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I’m afraid to let him. With the spree he has been on lately, he would probably make me an offer I can’t refuse!

BigSkyGuy and Addicted2gunz like this.
  8. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    Thats a possibility....

Smok3y and BigSkyGuy like this.
  9. BigSkyGuy

Dec 25, 2018
    You oughta talk to him, you never know what you might end up with...

10. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    I'll bet it shoots terribly, probably going to be a major disappointment. Tell ya what I'll do, I'll take it off your hands before you have to suffer that disappointment. You'll walk away with only fond memories :cool:

LOL, enjoy that beautiful thing. Can't wait for a range report :thumbs:

11. BigSkyGuy

Dec 25, 2018
    Always lookin' out for others!

WHEELS, Smok3y and Addicted2gunz like this.
  12. Smok3y

Smok3y Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Your recent journey has inspired me to go ahead and consider a few that I have liked for a while, but was hesitant to take the leap. I’m glad some of you have jumped quicker than me, because there have been a few that would have derailed my journey. I keep telling myself that there are a few that I really want to check out, and I am going to try hard to stick to it.

These are definitley different from anything I’ve previously carried, which is part of the draw to it and the related 1911s. It is going to take a while to get used to the safety. I have been handling it this evening trying to familiarize myself. I am excited to try it out and maybe try out a few others. Reading reviews still didn’t prepare me for how solid this thing is. No slop, tight fit all around, and smooth. Can’t wait to test it out.

boatdoc and Addicted2gunz like this.
  13. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    The EDC x9 is definitely on my want list some day, and this one looks amazing!

Listen up everyone:
    I CALL DIBS if @Smok3y decides to sell someday! Hahaha

Old Sea Dragon and Smok3y like this.
  14. Smok3y

Smok3y Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Dibs noted. LOL!!

Addicted2gunz likes this.
  15. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    I have a buddy looking for one of these. Literally forwarded him the sale ad on hide... you got a good deal on this one man... beat him to the punch by a small amount of time!

Congrats on the X9... and a really cool looking one as that!!

boatdoc and Smok3y like this.
  16. Smokewagon

Smokewagon Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Phenomenal firearm and a looker! Congrats!

cundiff5535 and Smok3y like this.
  17. BuckyP

BuckyP Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Congrats. I love mine and carry it often.

boatdoc and cundiff5535 like this.
  18. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Can't wait to hear how it shoots

cundiff5535 likes this.
  19. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    great gun. nice look on yours

enjoy the toy

20. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Congrats

I love mine.

When I used it in my CCL renewal class, the instructor asked me to spread out my shots because if they were one hole groups he would count shots that were not countable as misses! ;)
    Then when he saw the X9 he accused me of cheating...
    Then smiled;) And said nice gun:cool:

Dub, Whiten, Addicted2gunz and 3 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted