My grip rant

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Hairtrigger, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    I have the bug for a nice set of grips, either bone or wood, I am open minded at this time
    Today I spent a couple hours browsing grips on various websites and have come to the conclusion that many grip makers are too lazy to delete a sold pair of grips or to move them to a different part of their website
    I am looking to buy a set, not browse thru pages of sold sets to find a few that are available
    I guess the good thing is that I have eliminated several makers due to this

2. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    If one of your complaints is referring to Cherokee Hills.... I'll just say this..... I have used Bob's SOLD grips to tell him I'd like some like that and he has come through EVERY time. I don't deal with other makers as he has never disappointed me. He's a quality guy as well as a talented artist/grip maker.
    If he isn't one that you've looked at, you should.

bobo3020 likes this.

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    What He Said.. Yes, Yes, Yes Cherokee Hills, if he don't have em he can find the blanks and make em..

FWoo45 likes this.
  4. Acroyer

Acroyer I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 1911 today Supporting Addict

Dec 16, 2015
    I just got a set from Cherokee Hills. I let him know what I was looking for, and he made them. They are awesome, btw. I still need to put them on the gun and get some pictures. I got some Hades Roasted Maple, and they are spectacular. I had no idea the color/grain shifted in the light when you tilted them.

ronin11 and TheCollector like this.
  5. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    I googled 1911 grip makers. And followed links. Not sure who all I looked at. Not one maker. Most all makers
    I did not look on amazon
    I did have a good time looking at amazing grips

6. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm more of an eBay grip shopper, I see, I like, I buy, I get ;)

1110181358a.jpg

Whiskey Sour, Whiten, ronin11 and 3 others like this.
  7. Olympus

Olympus Grip Maker and FFL Dealer

Oct 7, 2011
    www.brownscustomgrips.com

My website is sectioned off to make this easy. The online store section has grips available in stock, nothing shown in this section is out of stock. The Photo Gallery is simply that, a photo gallery of examples of my work. I don’t know how to make things any easier. Go to the store section to buy grips, go to the photo gallery to look at photos.

90% of my customers are special order customers. Meaning they want to specially order a set of grips exactly how they want rather than waiting for a set to show up in the online store section. The photo gallery gives them a place to peruse and pick out what they like. Then they can better express their wants to me without me having to try and guess what they mean.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    FWoo45 and Hairtrigger like this.
  8. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    I like looking at previous grips. Gives me ideas about grains, colors, workmanship, etc. Separating them from current available stock is a good idea though.

Hairtrigger and Olympus like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted