1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in another thread about a huge mix up where I bought a staccato p 4.15" variant and they sent me a 4.45" instead. This was after searching extensively for the 4.15 I thought I finally struck gold. But now I was back to square one and I checked every single online retailer and no one had what I was looking for. I even called sti directly and they said they are done with that model, no more will be made.

I was determined. I was hopeful that somewhere out there was an old 2019 staccato p just sitting in a case being overlooked. I went to sti's website and looked up their dealers list. I ended up calling over 60 dealers with no luck. I was about to give up, but then I got lucky and ended up finding one that was at a custom 1911 shop left over from the previous year! So here it is, my first, but not last, STI.

The fit and finish on this thing is amazing. It feels like a work of art not meant to be fired. I can't wait to get to the range again once everything opens back up again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,689 Posts
Patience and persistence pays off. Good for you!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I’m happy for you. All that work to get the one you wanted, it would have been a travesty to hate it once you got it in hand.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,051 Posts
Yeah man!
I got the original 4.0 P DUO and was about to get the 4.5
then came to my senses. I found a 5.0 Peiro and decided to
keep the 4.0 P DUO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I’m happy for you. All that work to get the one you wanted, it would have been a travesty to hate it once you got it in hand.
Oh there was no way. I've held the 4.45 so I knew what to expect, but that 4.15 and factory tree bark grips are just dead sexy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations and great respect for the effort to put into finding exactly what you wanted!
I had so many false positives. Id get the store that would say yes we got that. then I'd ask if its fixed sights or adjustable and sadly, it was adjustable (4.45), which does not come on this variant.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That’s great!!! Welcome to the club!!! The next one won’t be far along!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts