1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
North Central AZ Grasslands
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I have been living under a rock, but I didn't know the made a Gold Cup in a Tu-Tone until recently. Looked around and found a great price and got my order in. haven't so much as stripped and cleaned or anything yet. Just wiped the factory shipping oil off the outside, snap a couple of quick pics, and put it in the safe. It was mowing day, so no time. Tonight or tomorrow I will detail strip, clean, and see if I see anything I want/need to correct or change.

·
North Central AZ Grasslands
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Got out to my gun room this morning, and detail stripped the GC. Trigger was a little snug in the frame so I cleaned up the trigger, polished the bow, and stoned the trigger track. Cut a few coils off of the mag release spring (almost needed to stand on it to drop a mag). Bent the grip safety portion of the sear spring to stop the rattle. Used a polishing stone on the disconnector (top and bottom), and touched up the sear engagement surface. Polished the exposed ends of the pins (trigger, safety, sear, and slide release). Will eventually polish the dull finished parts to look a little nicer. Gave it all a nice lube job. Checked the trigger pull, and found a nice 4.6# avg with a little take-up and a fairly short reset. All in all, seems pretty nice. I have seen better blueing jobs from Colt, but it is acceptable. Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts