close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Lucky Day

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Blayglock, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Got to take the EMP out for a spin and when I got home these were waiting for me! Thanks Brewer!

Also my FFL works for a security training and executive protection company called Inpax. They hosted Lt. Col. Dave Gross man today for his "Bulletproof Mind" seminar. He gave me an extra ticket he had ($100). This seminar was mind blowing, so expect an AAR of sorts soon after Ive had time to process.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In other news, the EMP is shootng about 4" high at 7 yards with my handloads and with 124gr +p gold dots. Off comes the 10-8 and on goes the Novak. Or since I like that setup, maybe on goes a 10-8 front sight with correct height. The gun is a real pleasure to shoot and conceal, and is very consistant, just a tad high. Im very pleased with it. Need a few more Logman mod mags though.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice goodies.

I've heard good things about his seminars but haven't been to one yet. Looking forward to your review. :smilie:

Andy

3. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  4. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    It did not shoot that high for me. Where are you aiming ?

5. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Good looking gun. :thumb:

6. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Check it against normal factory ammo first. Then check it with your reloads. My results varied quite a bit when I was experimenting with different loads.

I found 124gr Precision Delta, 4.5gr Win 231 at 1.140" to be the best I've tried so far. I'm going to switch to MG 124gr CMJ with VV 320.

7. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    I'll post pictures later. It could be my loads I'll admit, but I was shooting factory Speer Gold Dot as well.

I was putting the tritium not in the u-notch and aim from there.

Not a big deal either way, I'm very happy with the gun.

8. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    I only shot 115 grain factory ammo. I just lined the top of the front sight up with the top of the rear sight. Kinda like a black target sight set up.

9. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    Ill try and get out there today and give it a shot. Thanks for the info Wade.

10. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Mine was off about 3" from the factory. My front sight is .191 and my rear is .375.

11. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Same here, but Trent still shot high with the factory sight on my old EMP.

12. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    I'll be in DFW all week but Sat is range time. I like to drive the dot on all my guns

13. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Congrats on the gun! I just changed my sights out as well. I was needing to hold at 6 with the factory sights, so i did Dawson's calculations and went with a .140 FO front from him, and .375 10-8. That should get me settled back in hopefully

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted