1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got to take the EMP out for a spin and when I got home these were waiting for me! Thanks Brewer!

Also my FFL works for a security training and executive protection company called Inpax. They hosted Lt. Col. Dave Gross man today for his "Bulletproof Mind" seminar. He gave me an extra ticket he had ($100). This seminar was mind blowing, so expect an AAR of sorts soon after Ive had time to process.

In other news, the EMP is shootng about 4" high at 7 yards with my handloads and with 124gr +p gold dots. Off comes the 10-8 and on goes the Novak. Or since I like that setup, maybe on goes a 10-8 front sight with correct height. The gun is a real pleasure to shoot and conceal, and is very consistant, just a tad high. Im very pleased with it. Need a few more Logman mod mags though.

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
Nice goodies.

I've heard good things about his seminars but haven't been to one yet. Looking forward to your review. :smilie:

Andy

·
It WAS Quack
1,586 Posts
Check it against normal factory ammo first. Then check it with your reloads. My results varied quite a bit when I was experimenting with different loads.

I found 124gr Precision Delta, 4.5gr Win 231 at 1.140" to be the best I've tried so far. I'm going to switch to MG 124gr CMJ with VV 320.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll post pictures later. It could be my loads I'll admit, but I was shooting factory Speer Gold Dot as well.

I was putting the tritium not in the u-notch and aim from there.

Not a big deal either way, I'm very happy with the gun.

·
Super Moderator
894 Posts
I only shot 115 grain factory ammo. I just lined the top of the front sight up with the top of the rear sight. Kinda like a black target sight set up.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill try and get out there today and give it a shot. Thanks for the info Wade.

·
It WAS Quack
1,586 Posts
Mine was off about 3" from the factory. My front sight is .191 and my rear is .375.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be in DFW all week but Sat is range time. I like to drive the dot on all my guns

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congrats on the gun! I just changed my sights out as well. I was needing to hold at 6 with the factory sights, so i did Dawson's calculations and went with a .140 FO front from him, and .375 10-8. That should get me settled back in hopefully

1 - 13 of 13 Posts