1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife took some glamour shots of the national match. Thought you guys might enjoy. I am about to put this one on the sale block to pick up a new Baer TRS. I wanted some nice photos of it with some Milt Sparks leather and one of my damascus knives
NationalMatchColt19113Y5A99[4072].jpg
NatMatch1911_3Y5A9973[4073].jpg
NatMatch19113Y5A9958[4074].jpg
NatMatch19113Y5A9980[4071].jpg
for my files. Enjoy!

·
Get off my lawn...
15,317 Posts
Beautiful National Match & Leather, OP! What year is your National Match, and who did the work?

·
born in the wrong century
5,285 Posts
Very cool pistol.

Gotta love those .38 Special wadcutter holes.

I wish you'd not posted the pic with the MS 55BN.......horse hide & shark ??? Gorgeous.

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice, I shoot mine frequently. This was 1 handed at 20 yards. Not my best effort but at 60+yrs old and failing eyesight I was happy with it. Ammunition is home cast 148g DEWC over 3.0g of Winchester W231.

View attachment 505599
This is my 50 yard effort with it. Offhand

Attachments

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't he post it was a 1961 model? If so it would look nice beside my 1961 NM 45ACP
Not sure where I will list this one. I'm never opposed to a realistic offer.

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful National Match & Leather, OP! What year is your National Match, and who did the work?
It's a 1961, the leather is Milt Sparks. I don't know what you mean by work, the national match is as it came. It has never been redone, it's original.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My father has 2 of those. Incredible pistols. I know you didn’t ask, and it’s your gun, but I wouldn’t sell that. They’re rare and unbelievable. You can always find a Baer. Those midrange colts are just as tight fit as a Baer and just as accurate. But good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My father has 2 of those. Incredible pistols. I know you didn’t ask, and it’s your gun, but I wouldn’t sell that. They’re rare and unbelievable. You can always find a Baer. Those midrange colts are just as tight fit as a Baer and just as accurate. But good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I have two of them in addition to a .38 AMU colt... believe it or not, this one is not as nice as the other.

Reactions: Snakebill
1 - 15 of 15 Posts