My new ATi fx45 Gi Commander

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by Improvise, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Improvise

Improvise New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Picked this up in a trade. So far i love it.

went down to 1911Tuner's workshop and learned so much about 1911's. makes me like them EVEN more.

IMG_20120128_220706.jpg

nothing too special. came with hogue wrap arounds but i took them off and put on some cheap plastics. Sights, bobtail, and better grips are down the road.

thanks
    -improvise

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    They have a crap load of very favorable reviews!

Congrats!

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Tackleberry said he thought they were the best of the Philipino guns. I think Metro arms is but don't have an ATI so could be wrong. Whatever for the money and the way they shoot the Philipino guns are a hell of a value.

4. pdogkilr

pdogkilr Can't afford Therapy

Jan 7, 2012
    Nice acquisition ------ Congrats !!

Update the report when you put a few down-range. Interested in your opinions on how it shoots.

5. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
    my buddy has one and it shoots great.

6. Improvise

Improvise New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    soon as i get a chance to shoot it i will let you all know how it was. other than that this thing seems nice. Frame to Slide fitment is superb. finish isnt the strongest but hell i like the worn out look.

7. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Congrats and enjoy!

8. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I have been waiting for a forum member to post a review of ATI 1911's so that I can bug my store owner to carry a few ATI guns.

Come on people,shoot a couple of thousand rds through your ATI 1911's so that I can talk a gun store owner into carrying them! :frusty:

Give us some range reports and some reasons for my store to stock them! :grin:

DAT85

9. Improvise

Improvise New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    beaver tail fitment is superb. springs feel good in it. hammer pull is nice. dry fired to feel trigger cant even complain. honestly, everything so far is solid with it. the range time will come soon and i'll make sure to fill you all in.

10. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011

Dump some bullets down the pipe and give us all a heads up.!

DAT85

11. Improvise

Improvise New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Went and shot it today. put about 100 rds down range in it and it performed flawlessly. no FTF or FTE. tore the middle out of the target. i was thoroughly impressed with it. i would recommend this to anybody that was looking for an affordable 1911.

12. DJM

DJM New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Didn't seem to want to work with eight rounds in the clip so I had to load 8 insert 7 pull the clip back out fill it back up then shoot a full nine through then after that I could load every clip with 8 but from the very start shoot for 7 and then loaded up 8 after that

13. DJM

DJM New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    I should have bought two of them !

14. DJM

DJM New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Or should I have said you load 7 and The Click pop one into the chamber pull your clip back out load your clip up to 8 then plug your clip back in and you can shoot all you want you can load every other clip up to 8 after that but I've tried many different clips from Kimber from cost from cold and they all seem to work the same it'll shoot seven perfect but you must start out that first way

15. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
    Welcome to the forum! You probably won't get much of a response when resurrecting a thread from 2012. ;) Dates are easy to miss, they're in the bottom left corner of the post.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted