1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, but I've owned 1911's for a while. Got my CMP 1911 about two weeks ago, this was Service Grade. Remington slide over an Ithaca frame. I'm assuming this was a pistol assembled from GI parts. Is it possible this is how it left the factory a frame. Made in 1943 best I can tell. Any input appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Deo Volente
7,656 Posts
Nice looking!
Welcome from Western Colorado! :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
When the pistols were rebuilt they were stripped down to the individual parts, with the parts not meeting spec being discarded and the other parts sent to rebuild. No attempt was made to keep the original parts together, with the rebuilds being made up from random refinished original parts or new replacement small parts.

The receiver is from March/April, 1943.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When the pistols were rebuilt they were stripped down to the individual parts, with the parts not meeting spec being discarded and the other parts sent to rebuild. No attempt was made to keep the original parts together, with the rebuilds being made up from random refinished original parts or new replacement small parts.

The receiver is from March/April, 1943.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yup. Just because it isn't factory original does not mean it is not real USGI. I have read of people jumping on the CMP bandwagon, getting a perfectly authentic refurbished "mixmaster" and searching for parts to make it "correct." Which is an expensive project that the established collectors will look down their noses at as they point out wear and finish discrepancies.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I received my CMP pistol yesterday. Colt slide, Rem-Rand frame, service grade. Looks pretty good. i haven't shot it yet. I would post pics but can't seem to make it work.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!
Neat CMP you got a hold of, good fortune with it!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I thought they used the money from sales to promote marksmanship and firearms training.

What is the mission of the CMP?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hi,
It is suppose to be, to promote firearms training to civilians...

With the light being shone on younger shooters that want to learn.

It is not to sale US Surplus Pistols for thousands of dollars to Old Collectors to go into a safe or sold at a profit at the next Gun Show.

Added to that is surplus hard ball ammo to go with the pistols so the young owners can afford to go to CMP Shoots or Matches, and not have to pay $50 a box to shoot.

Maybe I'm the only one seeing a problem, but I still think these pistols are not being used as they should be and are being sold to the wrong People in our Society, and is doing nothing to promote the Shooting Sports OR the 2A!

·
Premium Member
27,623 Posts
Hey

How about if you guys who don’t care how the CMP is doing business, start a damn thread about it.

Quit shitting in this guy’s thread. Allow him to enjoy his new pistol without your BS.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts