My new GI No Name and maybe a few with my new KAC SR-15

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by ajstrider, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Well my Guncrafter Industries No Name came in just a few days after I picked up my Knight's Armament SR-15. So now I have two new guns to run through with at the range. On the No Name I added a few extras. I asked for a 10-8 plain black rear sight with a .156" opening and a tritium front sight, a blacked out trigger which they chose to Armortuff and matches very well, and a Smith and Alexander magwell. I have two very small complaints at the moment. One is my bushing/recoil spring plug are too oversized and the plug doesn't slide out past the bushing when I turn the bushing, they make ever so slight contact. Second is my magwell while functional, didn't get blended. I assumed it would be included, and they didn't offer it up to me when I added the magwell, so probably just some miscommunication there, I was awful excited on the phone ordering my first custom gun! I am very pleased with the gun. I love the sight picture, the shredder grips are sweet too. Well here are some photos from my crappy camera. The scope on the SR-15 is temporary, for accuracy testing, and LK hates the silver scope on the black gun so I just want to show it off a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Edited with larger photos once I found out how to work photobucket better and with a different scope on the SR-15.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    That's a very nice pistol AJ.. and AR.. Congratulations.. Ron

3. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Congrats on a fantastic pistol and the SR too!

4. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    Congrats! Time to correct your sig :smile:

5. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks great! I have a similar setup on my "No Name." My magwell wasn't blended either, and I initially had the same reaction you did. On further thought, though, it doesn't bother me too much. I figure it's an out-of-the-way place to save a little money on the build. On mine, the grip safety and thumb safety are blended splendidly, which is where I like the extra time to go!

Looking forward to hearing your further thoughts on it. :thumb: Thanks for sharing.

Andy

6. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
  7. t0kie

t0kie Lock 'n Load

Nov 12, 2011
    Great taste, congrats!

8. ThePhotog

ThePhotog Previously Tractus Arms

Dec 7, 2011
    Finally the wait is over!

9. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan Bass Fishing Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Congrats on two very fine additions!

10. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    That scope does look retarded. I likey the NN!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Ya can't see that it's silver when you're behind the trigger! :pound:

Nice pairing,.......

12. deadguy

deadguy Jack Welch Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Excited for you AJ. Beautiful additions.

13. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Man the GC's look nice. Kinda all business.

As for the magwell, obvious mistake by GC. Guess no one looked that part over before it left. I'm sure they'll get it blended and refinished.

Congrats

14. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I still don't. But for playing with it's fine. You'll get the right one I'm sure as the looks of astonishment from people that a guy could actually put that scope on that gun will cause you to change it out.:tongueout:

15. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Congrats! Like them both! I would be pretty annoyed about the magwell though. For a custom build and for that amount of money, they shouldn't be cutting any corners. No excuse there IMHO.

Once the excitement dies down you'll always look at it and wish for the blending. I'd call them ASAP and see if they would blend it for you. After settling with some large purchases recently, I decided I wouldn't do it anymore bc I always regretted not doing it right the first time, even if it would have costed a bit more.

16. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Not a mistake from what I found out, GC doesn't blend the MW standard...extra $35 to have it done.

17. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I put my VZ Operator 2 grips on my NN.

[​IMG]

18. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Larger photo needed! But that looks pretty good from here. :thumb:

Andy

19. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Guncrafter should be embarrassed. Did they think you were going to blend it at home and have it refinished.:der:

Sorry, but Guncrafter dropped the ball on this one..aka "the little things":mad2:

20. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    This sounds like something "Bob the Builder" would do. This is a bit of a shock coming from GC.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted