My new Kelley IWB holster

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by joeg0812, Nov 21, 2011.

1. joeg0812

joeg0812 New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I received my holster a few days ago and made this post to show it and write up a bit. First off, Steven was very easy to work with and fast with the communication. I think I received the holster within 2 weeks of first talking with him. I went with the horsehide option, which I wasn't sure I wanted to do as I am a horse owner and it bothered me just a bit. But I am glad that I went with it rather than leather. He uses a fairly thin leather which appears to be pretty stiff, making for less of a bulge when worn. The workmanship is excellent. Stitching looks to be machine and very uniform, the boning is very defined. The edges are well cut and burnished nicely with the bottom of the holster by the barrel rounded in somewhat. The retaining snaps require some effort to attach, and the fit is very snug, making for a secure setup. I've worn this a couple of times, for a number of hours, sitting, standing, walking, and driving, and it is a very comfortable setup. The holster holds my Kimber very close to me, the only uncomfortable part being the checkering on the grips. With the horsehide option, plus shipping, the rig came to just over ninety dollars, which is a very fair price for this quality of workmanship. I do plan on getting another one for my Kahr CW40 down the road and possibly one of the OWB holsters that he offers. I've included two pictures, one showing the holster and the other as I had it attached to my belt, showing the placement that it has. I am pleased with this new piece of gear.

holster 002.jpg holster 001.jpg

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks nice, thanks for the review. The price seems reasonable to me from your thoughts on it. :thumb:

Andy

3. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Very nice. I drive right by Kelley's on my way to pick up my kids after work, so next week I'm dropping off payment and getting him started on mine. Seems like one of the better values in holsters around. I'm planning on black cowhide. Why did you choose horse? Just wondering if it's worth the extra cash for me.

4. joeg0812

joeg0812 New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Horsehide is a little stiffer and it is not supposed to hold onto moisture.

5. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    Nice looking holster. I love my Kelley holster. Quality leather at a great price.

6. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    I got mine, too. Very happy with it.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted