My New Odd Ball Benelli Shotgun!

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by SkDmRkLcY, Jan 25, 2012.

1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    It is an H&K Import Benelli M3T:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was out shopping around and happened to see this sitting in the corner of a local shop. I had only seen these in pictures and actually this is also the first M3 I have ever handled. The Side Saddle needs to go or be replaced with a Mesa Tactical, other than that and a few sling marks on the For-end cap ring it is near mint and you can tell it has not been shot very much.

The folding stock is actually quite nice, much more robust than it looks. It clips down over the rear sight and is very secure when folded. I am still figuring out all the M3 workings but it is pretty much an M1 with a ring you can move to make it pump.

I got a pretty good deal on it so if nothing else I could flip it but I really am quite happy with it. If nothing else you do not see them everyday.

2. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    Looks nice. Congrats, Trevor.

3. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Good job trev. Out of the ordinary yet extraordinary.

4. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Very nice :thumb:. Congrats!

5. SkDmRkLcY

Aug 17, 2011
    It is so odd and ugly I just can't help like it... no idea why.

Hope to run a few boxes though it this weekend.

6. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    The receiver looks really sturdy! Nice score.

7. SkDmRkLcY

Aug 17, 2011
    Ordered a new Trigger Guard Pin to take off the shell holder.

A new fore end cap to make it all look new, as well as a new recoil spring just to be safe.

I get on Gunbroker.. and totally missed this last night but damn... now I am thinking I can come away ahead if I don't keep it!
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269901049

8. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    it is ugly as Sin yet I love it

9. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
  10. SkDmRkLcY

Aug 17, 2011
    I am going to take it out today, assuming the stock is as painful as it looks...

Do I keep it and just replace the Stock but keep all the parts. Or do I sell it untouched for a profit and pick up an M4 or tricked out M2?

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The stock may surprise you.. Looks like a pretty thick butt pad.. Ron

12. SkDmRkLcY

Aug 17, 2011
    Took it out and ran about 20 shells though it.

Only had 8 full power 00 buck and they ran fine in Semi mode no issue. The rest was super light stuff I got for my wife to try a 870 with long ago, for those I had to switch to pump.. but they were so freaking light it felt like I was shooting a .22 so I am pretty sure they would not work in any semi.

The stock was okay but pretty harsh overall, the M2 I had before was a lot softer but it was not unmanageable by any means. I am pretty sure once I get my replacement parts in I will put it up for sale. It just is not a super practical choice for what I want to do, and I do not want to modify it.

13. Greay Man

Greay Man New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Very nice shotgun you have there. I doubt that if I owned one, that I would ever part with it. Very nice find for you.

GM

14. SkDmRkLcY

Aug 17, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted