close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new RIA compact... my first 1911.

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by DamnYankee, Sep 1, 2011.

1. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I am a newb to the whole 1911 platform but so far I am loving it. I have had her for almost 3 weeks and I have put 264 rounds through her. Very nice shooter. I have only changed the grips to Altamonts so far. I may change the trigger down the road. So far I just like her the way she is. I'll spend my money on more ammo.:biggrin1:
    [​IMG]

2. Gunshine

Gunshine New Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Nice pistol. And welcome.

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks good! I really like those new grips on it. :thumb:

Andy

4. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Congratulations RIA 9mm Tactical was my first 1911 things been great 100% reliable. I would not hesitate to get another one there the best value around. I did change a few things out thought ambi safety had to go along with the FLGR and the grips. All that is personally choices thought and I really like your choice of grips them look great.

5. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    I've heard a lot of good things about RIA. Yours is no exception :thumb:

6. Sean MacTavish

Sean MacTavish Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Welcome, love those Rocks !

I have 900 + rounds through mine, no hiccups. It eats Wally World ammo like nobody's business. The sky is the limit to customize it, good shooting...

Attached Files:

7. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Good job, those are built like tanks you will love it and it will last a long time enjoy shooting and be safe

8. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    I'm gonna say this with all seriousness. I am VERY happy to hear these guns are working out for those buying them. I've seen a couple of them and shot a couple and they run great in the full size guns both .45 and .38super. Great to know they are working as a short gun too! Thanks for sharing the reports. Heck, might just have to get one for myself sometime just to play with!

9. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Very nice :thumb:. Congrats and welcome to the 1911 club! Just remember that in order to be reliable compact 1911s need to have the recoil spring changed more often than full-sized 1911s. Perhaps you can get a Wolff recoil spring and some Wilson mags; it should be very well spent money.

Wilson mags:
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/45-ACP/departments/373/

It looks like the RIA compact uses Wolff recoil spring part #49022. The best should be if you called them and asked if this is the right spring:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/48...eter-guide-rod-only-para-ordnance-p-12-45-acp

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  10. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    Joe-I have a 9mm Tactical that is the balls! Thing has 600rds (all Blazer ammo) through it with out a hitch. I have done some work to it but never touched any of the internals because I wanted to see how well it shot out of the box. Gave it a make over & 20lpi checkering .So far best $425 I spent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats. I loved my RIAs. :thumb:

12. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Solid choice for a first 1911. Congrats. Pssssssssst. It won't be your last. :thumbs:

13. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Lou, yes sir I believe it. Everyone I've seen in person has been a solid gun, ESPECIALLY for the money!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted