1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newb to the whole 1911 platform but so far I am loving it. I have had her for almost 3 weeks and I have put 264 rounds through her. Very nice shooter. I have only changed the grips to Altamonts so far. I may change the trigger down the road. So far I just like her the way she is. I'll spend my money on more ammo.:biggrin1:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congratulations RIA 9mm Tactical was my first 1911 things been great 100% reliable. I would not hesitate to get another one there the best value around. I did change a few things out thought ambi safety had to go along with the FLGR and the grips. All that is personally choices thought and I really like your choice of grips them look great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome, love those Rocks !

I have 900 + rounds through mine, no hiccups. It eats Wally World ammo like nobody's business. The sky is the limit to customize it, good shooting...

Attachments

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,465 Posts
I'm gonna say this with all seriousness. I am VERY happy to hear these guns are working out for those buying them. I've seen a couple of them and shot a couple and they run great in the full size guns both .45 and .38super. Great to know they are working as a short gun too! Thanks for sharing the reports. Heck, might just have to get one for myself sometime just to play with!

·
~
246 Posts
Very nice :thumb:. Congrats and welcome to the 1911 club! Just remember that in order to be reliable compact 1911s need to have the recoil spring changed more often than full-sized 1911s. Perhaps you can get a Wolff recoil spring and some Wilson mags; it should be very well spent money.

Wilson mags:
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/45-ACP/departments/373/

It looks like the RIA compact uses Wolff recoil spring part #49022. The best should be if you called them and asked if this is the right spring:
http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/48...eter-guide-rod-only-para-ordnance-p-12-45-acp

·
Smiffin' ain't easy
3,425 Posts
I'm gonna say this with all seriousness. I am VERY happy to hear these guns are working out for those buying them. I've seen a couple of them and shot a couple and they run great in the full size guns both .45 and .38super. Great to know they are working as a short gun too! Thanks for sharing the reports. Heck, might just have to get one for myself sometime just to play with!
Joe-I have a 9mm Tactical that is the balls! Thing has 600rds (all Blazer ammo) through it with out a hitch. I have done some work to it but never touched any of the internals because I wanted to see how well it shot out of the box. Gave it a make over & 20lpi checkering .So far best $425 I spent.

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,465 Posts
Joe-I have a 9mm Tactical that is the balls! Thing has 600rds (all Blazer ammo) through it with out a hitch. I have done some work to it but never touched any of the internals because I wanted to see how well it shot out of the box. Gave it a make over & 20lpi checkering .So far best $425 I spent.
Lou, yes sir I believe it. Everyone I've seen in person has been a solid gun, ESPECIALLY for the money!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts