My new RIA compact... my first 1911.

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by DamnYankee, Sep 1, 2011.

1. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I am a newb to the whole 1911 platform but so far I am loving it. I have had her for almost 3 weeks and I have put 264 rounds through her. Very nice shooter. I have only changed the grips to Altamonts so far. I may change the trigger down the road. So far I just like her the way she is. I'll spend my money on more ammo.:biggrin1:
    [​IMG]

2. Gunshine

Gunshine New Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Nice pistol. And welcome.

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks good! I really like those new grips on it. :thumb:

Andy

4. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Congratulations RIA 9mm Tactical was my first 1911 things been great 100% reliable. I would not hesitate to get another one there the best value around. I did change a few things out thought ambi safety had to go along with the FLGR and the grips. All that is personally choices thought and I really like your choice of grips them look great.

5. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    I've heard a lot of good things about RIA. Yours is no exception :thumb:

6. Sean MacTavish

Sean MacTavish Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Welcome, love those Rocks !

I have 900 + rounds through mine, no hiccups. It eats Wally World ammo like nobody's business. The sky is the limit to customize it, good shooting...

Attached Files:

7. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Good job, those are built like tanks you will love it and it will last a long time enjoy shooting and be safe

8. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    I'm gonna say this with all seriousness. I am VERY happy to hear these guns are working out for those buying them. I've seen a couple of them and shot a couple and they run great in the full size guns both .45 and .38super. Great to know they are working as a short gun too! Thanks for sharing the reports. Heck, might just have to get one for myself sometime just to play with!

9. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Very nice :thumb:. Congrats and welcome to the 1911 club! Just remember that in order to be reliable compact 1911s need to have the recoil spring changed more often than full-sized 1911s. Perhaps you can get a Wolff recoil spring and some Wilson mags; it should be very well spent money.

Wilson mags:
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/45-ACP/departments/373/

It looks like the RIA compact uses Wolff recoil spring part #49022. The best should be if you called them and asked if this is the right spring:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/48...eter-guide-rod-only-para-ordnance-p-12-45-acp

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  10. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    Joe-I have a 9mm Tactical that is the balls! Thing has 600rds (all Blazer ammo) through it with out a hitch. I have done some work to it but never touched any of the internals because I wanted to see how well it shot out of the box. Gave it a make over & 20lpi checkering .So far best $425 I spent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats. I loved my RIAs. :thumb:

12. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Solid choice for a first 1911. Congrats. Pssssssssst. It won't be your last. :thumbs:

13. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Lou, yes sir I believe it. Everyone I've seen in person has been a solid gun, ESPECIALLY for the money!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted