My next few, and hopefully last, for awhile,... 1911's

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Glock2740, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I have a hardchromed Guncrafter CCO in .45ACP, as a few of you know, on order and a hardchromed Guncrafter Model 1 .50GI getting flush crowned by Alex, as I type, as well. Both of which are coming through DRC Firearms. I also have a SA Pro on order, through Dave, at DRC Firearms, and after Dave gets his .38 Super Wilson ULCc in from Wilson, I'm gonna buy back my ULCc .45, that I traded off to Dave awhile back. I sure would like, and may eventually get a hardchromed, no FCS, 1.5" SRP from CJ, that we've discussed for awhile. I have a pretty deep and strong collection, so I'm gonna slow WAY down for a good while. I do have wheels in motion on sending my RRA Custom Carry to Chris at Metaloy, for a front night sight, flush crowned barrel and hardchrome of course. :biggrin1:. As well as my STI Legacy, that'll also be headed to Metaloy, at the same time as the RRA, for a new Wilson FO front sight, Wilson Speed Chute magwell/MSH, flush crowned barrel, Wilson Bullet proof single side safety and...of course...hardchrome. :nod: :thumb: After all is said and done, I think I'll be done with the 1911 scene for awhile. Think it might be time to turn some attention toward a few revolvers and a few long guns. :biggrin1: Pics, of all the above, will most definately be posted as they arrive. As well as range reports to follow. :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looking forward to you getting the Model 1, Joe. The STI Legacy in hard chrome sounds like it'll be pretty slick as well. :thumb:

...but, being done? Suuuuure. :lol:

Andy

3. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Sounds like you will be set for a long time. Good for you, congrats! I am curious, does the flush cut crown on the barrel help with accuracy or is it just cosmetic?

Thanks
    Mike

4. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Maybe I should re-think that addition on the house, huh? :rofl2:

5. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Lol Dave. He won't stop. A mod at an addicts forum will have to be banned if he does.

6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Naw,.....he's a TRUE addict! Your retirement is still safe!

7. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    :rofl2:

8. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Re-crowning can help in accuracy, depending on the crown already in place. But I have it done on my guns for the look. a flush crowned barrel, especially on a bull barreled gun just really looks good IMO. :thumb:

9. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks, it does look nice!

10. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Idaho 1911er

Aug 19, 2011
  11. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    When you're done. We need a family pic. :biggrin1:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted