1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank all who commented and supplied leads on my WTB post last week.
A big thanks to @WVsig for supplying me with this lead. And another big thanks to @gtnc for parting with this beauty and making a seamless transaction. If I had opted for overnight delivery and my FFL was quicker in responding I swear this all would have happened in 24 hours. And of course thanks to all the enablers here!
Here's some pics I promised on that thread @Dwe.
4-2 018.jpg
4-2 017.jpg
4-2 011.jpg
4-2 015.jpg
Hard to capture how nice the blueing looks with my amateur photo skills. I will have to try some outdoor shots if we ever get some sunshine here. I'm talking a guy at the club out of his American holly grips I hope. Love that look of ivory white on a blued pistol.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Enjoy that beauty!

Reactions: DWdude

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
It looks really nice with the Charger Backdrop. (bottom pic) :)

When/if you decide that you need his little 9er brother. You know where to ask. :rolleyes:

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,058 Posts
I want to thank all who commented and supplied leads on my WTB post last week.
A big thanks to @WVsig for supplying me with this lead. And another big thanks to @gtnc for parting with this beauty and making a seamless transaction. If I had opted for overnight delivery and my FFL was quicker in responding I swear this all would have happened in 24 hours. And of course thanks to all the enablers here!
Here's some pics I promised on that thread @Dwe. View attachment 452479 View attachment 452481 View attachment 452483 View attachment 452485 Hard to capture how nice the blueing looks with my amateur photo skills. I will have to try some outdoor shots if we ever get some sunshine here. I'm talking a guy at the club out of his American holly grips I hope. Love that look of ivory white on a blued pistol.
Very nice..
Congrats!
Great find!

·
5,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
I have a suspicion there may be a recent acquisition of a hard chromed one I may have to inquire about also........
I received it today....... its a real Beeeeeeeeauuut!!

Reactions: DWdude and Dwe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice car.... I had one of those but a hardtop... sold it and he loaned to a friend who mabe the bumpers touch...... NEVER should have sold it :frown:

·
5,058 Posts
Now that's how I want my pics to look, deep shiny blue, and sharp. Beautiful gat there brother.
Try taking pics outside on an overcast day in the late afternoon.
This gives you good overall indirect filtered light.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well we have mostly overcast skies here in the 'burgh shouldn't be a problem.

·
5,058 Posts
Well we have mostly overcast skies here in the 'burgh shouldn't be a problem.
Give it a shot...
Angle of the gun to the light source is also important.

I know this sounds stupid but
your eyes are a great test.
Try and duplicate the view that looks good to your eyes with the camera.

post it up!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts