my, Sig 1911 Tactical Operations

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Brad, Mar 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Brad

Brad Active Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Well I bought this fella about a week ago, haven't gotten a chance to shoot it though. I've been busy with physical therapy for my arm up until this afternoon when I had a chance to get it out. Approx 200 rounds of a mix of Fiocchi, and Winchester white box FMJ ammo and probably 2 mags of golden sabre, two malfunctions (failing to feed) in the first magazine. After that no issues at all. First three magazines all in the head at 20yards. After that I'll admit I started having trouble keeping it steady as it was getting hard to hold my arm up and the pain was getting bad again and every 5th or 6th round went outside the poor targets head. Girlfriend shot a good bit of the ammo out of it, really I was just wanting to make sure it worked well.

So I will say the accuracy is very good, fit/finish (cept for that damned external extractor) is great, like the sights, of course I'm a Novak fan in general. All three Sig mags worked well, as did the mecgars and wilsons. I've heard of people having issues with the actual factory mags but none here, and no issues with the ambi safety as I've seen mentioned about the Sigs. Action was smooth, not extremely loose like some of the other guns

Fits in a regular SERPA holster, overall I'd say it was a great buy. This is the first Sig gun I've owned, much less a Sig 1911 so it's a good experience with the brand.

Only thing I'll say, and this could just be some kinda weird issue I caused, but taking the grips off one screw would just not come off, ended up stripping out. Upon looking closely at it, the allen key hole in the head (is that right? Hole?) was much shallower than any of the others. Got it out and replaced it, gunner grips should be here soon so I'll have to take it apart one more time.

Just under 1K, great gun, and especially a great gun for the money. Now off to take my muscle relaxers and pain killers. :) I don't remember shooting hurting so much. Damn arm

2. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    When I scroll down, I don't see pics.

3. Brad

Brad Active Member

Feb 19, 2012
    it only works with apple computers ;)

i'll fix it,

4. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    What about apple phones? :)

5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    FAIL on your pictures... :lol:

6. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice little range report. Looking forward to photos, man! :lol:

Andy

7. Talo1911

Talo1911 New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    The TACOP Sig are a nice choice when choosing from the SIG 1911 lineup. I almost picked up one of the non-railed TAC PAC packages last year. Wish I had .... :chargrined:
    The rail to slide on these models is very smooth .....

Nice choice.

8. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Nice write-up. I think the Tac-ops is almost the same as the Scorpion, which I picked up about a month ago and am very happy with. Congrats on the new 1911.

BTW is your guide rod 1 or 2 piece?

9. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Ya, can't wait for pics....I love 1911 pics!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted