1911 Firearm Addicts banner

My "Stock" M1911A1 .45 ACP Pistol

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Glock2740 
#1 · (Edited)
has a five-inch barrell with a cone on the muzzle. This adds a bit of weight to the muzzle. It also has a tungston-carbide recoil spring guide, which adds even more weight to the muzzle. The pistol weighs 44 ounces, 7 ounces more that the typical M1911A1 .45 pistol. This pistol also has a complete hard-chrome finish. It is a great .45, with minimal muzzle flip. I use it at the Chester Rod & Gun Club (NH) bowling pin shoots every year, and I usually finish in the top three(!). Recoil management is important for me, for I use a 255gr LSWC bullet at 860 FPS for bowling pin shooting. This fine pistol was built by Montreal's Paul Barrette. Long live bowing pin shooting! :biggrin1:

#2 ·
Hi otasan,
You got it ! Bowling Pins rock...
Say, did you ever shoot the Second Chance Combat Bowling Pin Shoot in MI back in the day?

Funny! That was the exactly the same handload I used. Please don't tell me you also use 8,5 grains of Blue Dot ha ha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.