1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FedEx just dropped off my Les Baer 38 Super Commanche. This pistol I purchased used, it originally was TChrome (hard chrome rounds and blued flats). It also had an idiot scratch in it that caused me to lose sleep at night. The flats had turned a pastel-like purple and Les Bear won’t refinish TChrome any longer. I found out DLC can go over hard chrome, so I sent a message to our very own @Steve Owens for a refinish.

I shipped this pistol to Steve for a complete DLC blackout, crowned barrel, gold bead front site and a BEC rear sight. The BEC is now one of my favorites, what a nice rear sight! Steve also corrected a very poor quality Magwell with a Chen SI last minute at my request.

Finally, I finished it off with a custome set of grips from @Gripwright. As this is a Commanche, I procured some hobo Indian head nickels. Bob inlaid then into crotch walnut scales. They look freaking awesome in person.

We are lucky to have Steve and Bob. Great guys with exceptional customer service. Thanks fellas.

Before:

Gun Firearm Metal Everyday carry Iron

After:

Gun Trigger Black Tan Gun accessory

Brown Gun Firearm White Trigger

Gun Firearm White Trigger Black

Grey Machine Plastic Toy

Grey Silver Carbon

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Metal Tan Iron

Attachments

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Nice! Helluva facelift!

·
Premium Member
8,151 Posts
I received Mrs. C's frame and parts from Steve O's DLC touch today as well. He did some final blending for me and it is in the process of being reassembled... Hopefully pics in Build #5 thread will follow.

BTW: Another Baer got better.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
@Steve Owens Did you install the Ed Brown rear on DWE’s pistol? It looks nice, agree.
Yes, Ed Browns parts has really made a step up since John May joined the team there. Much better made and a lot more aesthetically pleasing as well. And cost competitive. Still trying to get them to lengthen their magwell tangs though..

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,568 Posts
@Mtech
Absolutely SUPERB!

I got dibs if you loose your mind and decide to sell it!

Yet another great job from @Steve Owens!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.