My Truck Gun Storage

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Carolinaboy, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    I have my CWP, and I carry a good bit, whether it is in the truck or on my person. I carry a XD .45compact. I wanted some way to safely and quickly access my handgun if I ever needed to, and wanted it out of sight.

So what I did was buy a Blackhawk Serpa Quick Disconnect system. I first got the Male/Female combo at the local gun shop. I bought an extra female adapter to use on my range belt holster rig. So I can easily take out the gun and attach it to my OWB Blackhawk rig and go into the woods or the range. I used self tapping screws in the plastic and it has held up great for the past 8 months and hasn't sagged or pulled out of the plastic yet.

So here are the results, I also use a Gunvault, safe under the rear seat for when I can't CC (hospital, church, bar, etc...)
    [​IMG]
    The Holster in the console
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shot of the Male End of the quick disconnect
    [​IMG]
    Female End mounted in the console
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011

3. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Interesting. Nice setup!

4. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I use a crossbreed Ohai holster that comes with a Velcro setup mounted very similarly to yours which I like a lot. I did a lot of searching for something that would fit the bill. Your setup looks good. Just don't know if I like the finger release with the holster at that angle. Mine is mounted on the side closest to the driver seat and the Ohai doesn't have any release.

5. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    I wish I could mount it on the left side of the console. It doesn't fit due to the lid hitting it.

I have practiced the draw many times, and it works for me. I was initially concerned about it too

6. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That looks cool. :thumb:

I have Gunvaults in all my cars for areas I can't carry......like dropping the little guy off at school every day.

7. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    I just need to do a better job mounting the Gunvault. It is a little shaky. I have the security cord through it right now though

8. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That's all I use. Run it through the frame under the seat. My Yukon has a large center locking console that the Gunvault fits in, but with my Civic and Odyssey, I keep it under the seat.

9. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Gotcha. I feel better knowing the cable is on it

10. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
  11. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
  12. Kappy

Kappy New Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I use a hat. My gun sits on the passenger seat... and my good old fedora sits on top of it. If I have to leave it in the truck, it goes into the center console.

Your setup is really nice, but I don't have a deep center console. A pity.

13. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Nice setup. My center console is the flip up arm rest type, so it's way too small for my pistol. I've been wondering where to hide it when i have to get out of sight of my truck. As of right now it's either on me, or I'm just not going in where I can't carry.

14. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Cool setup. The center console on my Tundra is ENORMOUS, I have thought about doing something similar, but usually just end up tossing the gun in a nylon holster that I keep inside there.

15. army_inc

army_inc New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    It's a nice setup! I like the blackhawk holster. I carry my M9 in it everyday in the sandbox. Just be sure to check the finish for wear and tear. My M9 looked brand new when I got it (don't ask how the army got a new looking M9 but it looked nice!:biggrin1:) Now it just looks like it's been run ragged. I'm sure yours will be fine, but it's just something I'd check every once in a while. Great holster though! I freaking love mine!

16. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    Nice shots of the male and female ends. :eek:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted