close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Two 1911's

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by kscharlie, Sep 22, 2011.

1. kscharlie

kscharlie New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Bought my first 1911 right at a year ago. It is a Kimber Custom CDP II, shown here with a set of Sarge's grips.

DSC02128a.jpg

My 2nd one was purchased just over a month ago. SIG 1911 RCS.

DSC02592a.jpg

Both of these guns have been perfect to date. I am very happy with both.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    Hey Charlie, welcome! My first 1911 was also a Kimber. It was an Ultra CDP II. That was almost 3 years ago, and while I dont have that gun anymore, I now have four 1911s.

claire

3. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Welcome aboard. Those are two great guns, Congrats.

4. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats! :cool:

You have the wrong gun pictured at the bottom though.

5. Craig19

Craig19 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Nice, congrats.

6. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice! Although as Brian said, they're both of the Kimber. I do like Sarge's grips on the first photo, though. They look good and seem cut well. :thumb:

Andy

7. kscharlie

kscharlie New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    :thumb: Congratulations to you! You were the first to catch my "intentional mistake". :rolleyes2::nod::rolleyes2:

Now that we have that settled, carry on. :faint:

8. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    The two above probably missread your post. No need to make an issue of it and make the remark you did for the reason for the edit. If you're joking, ignore me.

9. kscharlie

kscharlie New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Of course I was joking!! My original post had two pictures of my Kimber. I placed the wrong link in the second picture. I sort of thought by putting the different smiley faces in my reply that it would be obvious that I was joking. Sorry that my post that was not directed at you somehow offended you. I was hoping this forum might be better than others. Guess I was wrong.

10. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    It’s cool Charlie. We all misread posts sometimes. It’s hard to convey or read humor in text. I’m sure all is good. We’re all a bunch of pretty laid back folks over hear. Nice set of shooters you have by the way. I only own two 1911’s myself. I hope to grow that collection as money allows. Seems my three boys drain most of my funds.:Cry: How do you like the sig? How is the the external extractor? I was checking a couple of em out the other day at my lgs. They seem really well made.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  11. *NOVA*

*NOVA* Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I too would like to know what you think of the external extractor. I only have one 1911 for now. it is a SW1911 TRS w/external extractor. Noticed the "E" series has a slightly modified extractor.

As far as forums go, I am a member of five gun forums and noticed each one has a slightly different personality to it. One of my favorites warns the newbie to have a thick skin - sounds like good advice. :nod:

12. kscharlie

kscharlie New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I checked this morning and realized that I belong to 12 different gun forums! That's too many, will have to cut back. I have been blasted on other forums and don't think that my skin is too thin. I guess this one just sort of blind-sided me. Whatever, it's done and time to move on.

As for the external extractor, it has worked flawlessly thus far. From what I have been able to gather, the early Kimber design used an external extractor, but switched over to internal pretty early on. SIG hired some of the engineers from Kimber to design their version of the 1911, and the external ejector was part of that "new" design. I am not a 1911 purist, so it does not bother me that a few things are different. The slide on the SIG 1911s are also different than the traditional slide. The ejected cases show no unusual marks on them. I have no complaints at all.

As for the gun itself, the primary reason I chose it was because I wanted a commander length slide on an Officer's frame. During my search, this gun seemed to offer the most features for the money spent. The RCS has a carry melt treatment from the SIG custom shop and comes with Novak night sights. I am far from being a 1911 expert, but this gun has a very nice and tight fit and finish. It is also more accurate than my full size Kimber. I really like the gun, and I love how easily it carries concealed.

13. Chris

Aug 17, 2011
    No offense was taken by me, all is good. Sorry I missread your post... I was not sure, and took a shot across the bow. I just have a natural tendency to speak up at times when I should shut up.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  14. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    No you are not wrong. This is a great site and you're attitude is not needed here. Pesonally I'm glad you are moving on. Hand you have nothing to apoligize for. F$%@ him.

15. Chris

Aug 17, 2011
    Pm sent limb.

16. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    A nice brace of pistols.

17. kscharlie

kscharlie New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Well, thank you kindly for your warm welcome! My post was humor and sarcasm directed at myself. You obviously understand neither. Mr. Hand was a gentleman be responding in a civil manner to me, and I sincerely respect both him and his reply. I am glad to know that you think using 4 letter words do anything to make a point. Also, I do not see in any of my posts where I stated I was moving on. You sure don't read very well, do you?

18. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Charlie, those a nice! Love those two tones.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted