My UPS Guy

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by azguy1911, Feb 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
  2. Otherside

Otherside Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2019
    I almost feel guilty sometimes when I order multiple cases of ammo.

KS95B40, boatdoc, BenchMonkey and 5 others like this.

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    That is funny, it's my mail lady that hates me. My UPS guy is pretty cool I do see them both everyday.. I still owe my UPS a gift card for a dinner out with his wife.. Got to treat your delivery people good lol, It eventually pays off in the long haul..

isialk, KS95B40, 1L26 and 11 others like this.
  4. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    I know, right. I did 3,000 rounds last month of 9mm and he knows me now so he knocked on the door and said "do you want me to wheel these into the garage" LOL

5. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Did he carry them or use a dolly? I had 2500, 230 gr .45 acp bullets delivered - the guy carried them. I’m referring to the .38 Super.

6. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Long haul that's funny Steve. I'll bet they think it's a long haul humpin a case of 230 ball 1000 rounds X2 from the truck to my front porch LOL.
    45acp-side-view1.jpg

1L26, boatdoc, wcanterbury and 3 others like this.
  7. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I usually buy 230gr bullets in increments of 10,000.

My UPS guy loves it...

8. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    They got a word for a guy like you, it starts with an S LOL.

wcanterbury and xerts1191 like this.
  9. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    My UPS guy knows me! :grin:

When I moved from Colorado Springs to Glenwood Springs the boxes of ammo were repacked in smaller sized cardboard boxes and reinforced with tape like only a former Grainger's shipper would do it. They were marked "ORE SAMPLES HEAVY" :rolleyes:

Mike A, boatdoc and BenchMonkey like this.
  10. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    The last time I bought 9mm ammo I had 2,000 rounds delivered. They put 2 cases in one very heavy box! I unpacked it on my porch and carried it in one at a time. I’m sure my UPS and Fed Ex drivers despise me.
    Jeff

wcanterbury and Mike A like this.
  11. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    My UPS emails/texts give me approx a 3hr window. He always brings the boxes into the garage using his dolly/cart. He says I'm the only guy he's seen use more ammo than him LOL. I make homemade shortbread at Christmas time & he gets a sizable tin.
    I usually get 3-4k rnds (9mm) at a time.

George

wcanterbury, Mike A, boatdoc and 3 others like this.
  12. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    How are you George ? Do you have a favorite company you order from ?

13. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    I had 2,000 rounds, so he used a dolly as the idiots that shipped them put them in the same box all taped up. It was like 60-70 lbs in 1 sq cubic foot :cry:

I usually order from SGAmmo but they were out of 38 super so I found this LAXammo place using Google. I wouldn't use them again unless I had too, they made me send a copy of my drivers license as they said it was a security measure.

I've order many cases from Target Sports, Lucky Gunner, Bulk Ammo and SGAmmo and never has anyone asked for anything.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    wcanterbury, Mike A and boatdoc like this.
  14. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Funny story, our little dog got out one day and went exploring down the street. A lady found her and called us. As I was trying to explain where I lived, she handed the phone to a FedEx guy, thinking he might know the address. I described our house and he said, "I know where you live, I deliver all of your ammo!" I kind of thought, buddy, you only deliver about 10% of my ammo. I also thought, dang if SHTF, the delivery guys know who has guns and ammo.

Slapshot, wcanterbury, Mike A and 3 others like this.
  15. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    John, I have used Freedom in the past, but they don't have 135gr rnfp or 147grn fmj anytime so I rotate between LAX, Target Sports or whoever has quality ammo & free shipping.

George

wcanterbury and boatdoc like this.
  16. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    20180220_174508.jpg

He was still trying to get the set of 20's off when I snapped this. There is a reason for that Amazon Prime membership....:D

17. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    me too...but he left my new battery charger outsid e in the rain last night(new driver doe s not ring bell and I checked a few minutes before the delivery I guess). so I have no mor e mercy on this guy when ordering ammo..if he keeps it up he will lose his tips too(I am generous due to my ammo orders)

18. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    so does the mail man-- he delivers parts and magazines

19. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    living in Ct we ALWAYS have to provide copie s of our licenses and permits. Having moved last year, I have to get their "permission" to order as I do NOT have new licenses and permits yet...just a sticker on the back of each with my new addy.

hate it when these companies( chewys too) overload a delivery by putting everything in 1 box. I try to have mercy on our delivery folks..these companies do not

now looking for out of state ammo suppliers as Ct is going to tax instate ammo sales 50%!!!! commies!!! that is discrimination and no one in this dimentocrap hellhole will defend our rights

Shocker2000 and wcanterbury like this.
  20. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    did he deliver the dog?

tac45, Shocker2000 and wcanterbury like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted