My USPSA 1911

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by Lmt4me, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Lmt4me

Lmt4me Member

Nov 30, 2018
    FFDC1275-AEBB-40C5-BD08-8F0965F1C748.jpeg 01837B69-128C-4E9A-B596-AC9FC5DE32D0.jpeg 9BAF66F6-848F-45A7-8D0A-D13D9A10AFFA.jpeg SA Loaded in 9mm is highly modified: 2 lb crisp trigger, an insanely short reset, AFTEC extractor, wide ambi safety, Wilson round butt mainspring housing and magwell, fiber optic front sight, etc.

JustinT, villdetwink, samuse and 11 others like this.
  2. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I like it. I've got a Springer I shoot IDPA with that I made some similar mods to, within the rules. I don't know how you like the Springer target rear sights, but I just put one of these Harrison Extreme Duty sights on with a U-Notch. It's made for those Springer rear slide cuts with some fitting. Gets rid of all those sharp edges, and I am hooked on U-Notch rear sights.

[​IMG]

simonp, samuse, FWoo45 and 2 others like this.

3. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    That looks like a lot of fun! Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop, chachivk shlop; pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop. Heck yeah!

simonp, FWoo45 and UBOATDOC like this.
  4. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    That is a better looking U notch than the one on a gun at the IDPA demo bay.
    That one looked like they had taken a square notch and radiused the bottom. That meant it was deep. So I did the natural thing and pulled the front FO spot all the way into the U which caused me to shoot low. Aggravated by the round butt on that model.

5. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Pretty slick piece. I've never had a dedicated competition gun, I run my carry guns.

simonp likes this.
  6. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    Nice piece. And it looks like you could carry it in a pinch.

I only played in Open so my guns would have been difficult to carry. Not to mention a lot more expensive to build.

Well done.

7. Sapper

Sapper Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 25, 2014
    This is something that I have just started to dabble in. After reading a lot about the divisions and planning some more purchases, I decided that I am going to start in single stack since I already have two custom 5" 1911's in the safe right now

8. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I much preferred the 'old days' when you basically had two divisions. Those with compensators, and those without. There were no double stacks back then.

Yea, I'm dating myself a bit... ;)

A45GUNNER and gaijin like this.
  9. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    I have more than one, dedicated range/competition gun.

I detail stripped/cleaned this 9mm's that has seen over 12K rds. in a couple years.
    That's not too hard on a gun when you're running (barely) minor loads with a 9# recoil spring.

It's an old 1991 Colt frame I converted to "70 Series", 25 LPI, EGW and/or Wilson BP parts.
    Slide is a forged Caspian (I cut up OEM slide for an RMR), Dawson FO, barrel Kart.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mike0251

Mike0251 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 25, 2016
    I have my first USPSA meet tonight and chose my beloved wife's Trophy Match with trigger work by Nighthawk. I rotate about 5 1911's for competition just because I try to shoot as many as I can to stay sharp with them all. And there are several that will never see a holster but do see many range days. My SA Range Officer does a fine job too at the meets, damn good gun those Springfields! SAM_0118.jpg

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted