My Wilson Combats

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by 5 Screw Smith, Dec 11, 2011.

1. 5 Screw Smith

5 Screw Smith Μολὼν λαβέ

Dec 11, 2011
    My two Wilsons, a Protector and KZ45. IMHO the KZ is the best concealed carry 1911 on the market. I hate Wilson stopped making this firearm. Maybe Glock should start making them! :grin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Nice!

Quack and I got to fondle and play with a Spec Op 9 yesterday, at the gun show. And it was built w/ a naked slide! Me like!

3. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Very nice. I was considering a CQB for my next toy.

4. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I've wondered how nice the Spec Ops 9mm is.

5. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011

I like the way you roll!!! :thumb:

DAT85

6. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Very nice! I am jealous :biggrin1:

7. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    When I worked for WC, I had the pleassure of testfiring several hundred of KZ's. Despite what many may think about the external extractor, is the fact that they are harder to fit right, but once fitted right they have a better grip of the casing.
    Not that it's really needed over a standard type extractor when fitted right, and especially not with todays quality on cryo treated steel.

Never understood why they didn't sell so well either. It's actually a pretty dandy carry gun, and like the other "plastic" guns, the dustcover seem to absorb the snappy impact of the slide, which gives it a different perceived recoil impulse. For better or worse...well, thats always up for debate.

8. 5 Screw Smith

5 Screw Smith Μολὼν λαβέ

Dec 11, 2011

Those who haven't had the pleasure of shooting a KZ are really missing out. The grip is larger than a traditional 1911 but WC did a great job of making it feel almost like a 1911 with ultra thin grips.

From my visits to different firearms web sites a number of people mentioned that they don't like "plastic" framed 1911s because they aren't traditional. All I know is the KZ is a well made 1911, performs like you would expect a WC to perform, is lighter than an all steel gun, recoil is very manageable, and I'm glad I have one. :thumb:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  9. 5 Screw Smith

5 Screw Smith Μολὼν λαβέ

Dec 11, 2011
    I sold several guns to buy my first Wilson, a CQB in all gray. I wish I still had it. :frusty:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted