My Zombie Killer! (Benelli M4 Content)

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by SkDmRkLcY, Feb 18, 2012.

1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Benelli M4
    Field Stock
    CarrierComp Ti DG Mag Tube (7+1+1) (US Part)
    CarrierComp Follower (US Part)
    Geissele Hammer (US Part)
    Aimpoint T1 w/LRP Mount
    (CarrierComp Extended Bolt Handle on Order)

I am just about done with it, still want an over sized bolt release. I would also like to shorten up the LOP to that of about 12.5~13 but doubt I have the skill. Also not sure if I will keep the Aimpoint on it, but so far I like it.

Getting the mag tube off was an adventure with the heat gun, was rather nervous but it was quite easy. Only burned my thumb, I consider it a victory.

I plan to take it out next week sometime if all goes as planned... as currently the Aimpoint is just sitting on the mount, they are supposed to be sending me some screws so I am hoping for Monday.

SO my to do list:
    Shell Carrier of some sort (Leaning toward a 3 gun gear Velcro model)
    Some sort of light mount
    Over sized bolt release (GG&G)
    Shorter stock would be nice... (The Mesa is an option but I am not a super PG fan.)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    That looks great man.

3. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I love shotguns. :smile:

That rocks!!!

4. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Sweet!

The Benelli is an awesome gun. Which sight is that?

I've been shooting a Mossberg 930 SPX lately and have learned to really like it as well. Haven't decided if it needs an electronic sight yet.

[​IMG]

5. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    The Irons are LPA the Red Dot is an Aimpoint T1. (An H1 would be a better value to be honest.)

6. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    BTW How has the 930 been for you? I am thinking of getting one for the wife, do they make shorter stocks? I was going to get her a pump but she wants a semi like mine... I am trying to avoid an M2.

7. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I haven't looked for a shorter stock, but I think there are after-market stocks available, the gun has run great and I like the LPA ghost-ring and fiber optic front.

I added the front sling mount (made for an 870, but fits like a glove) and barrel/tube clamp.

8. nolt

nolt Member

Aug 24, 2011
    those are both awesome shotguns.

9. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Just ordered a Mesa stock to see what I think of it.

My Bolt Handle is shipping this week as well! Now I just need my darn Aimpoint screws.

I thought 1911s were bad... this thing is a project and a half.

10. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Great Job and nice set up, your going to love that gun and they digest whatever you feed em.:thumb: Post a range report and let us know how it went, anxious to see how the T1 holds up.:pop2:
    Here's my M1 90 Super made by H & K for Benelli(has both manufacturers markings), she has had thousands of rounds thru her without issue and definitely a keeper.
    Sorry for photo quality:frusty: Mark's Guns 286-1.jpg Mark's Guns 285-1.jpg

11. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Looks great. Let me know when you're ready to sell it :rofl2:

12. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Going to try and keep this one... I hope, maybe. This is my third Benelli at this point, had an M2 and a M3. The M4 is a Heavy beast compared to the M2 but it feels like a tank as well. I will be sure to post a range report as soon as I can get out.

A lot of people rock the Aimpoint Micros on the M4 and M2. Never heard of one failing yet, only some mounts have issues with the stock Benelli rail.

That said, I am pretty sure it is going to be coming off at some point. If I ever want to shoot 3 gun I can't run it, and so far I do not find a big plus to it for the price. I am still undecided at this point.

13. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I finally was able to get out to the range with the M4... took way too long.

I was only able to put about 40 shells though it but that was plenty, I may have cut down a small tree...

It is manageable... I would not say mild.. but I was only shooting high brass 00 and Slugs. I was expecting it to be a little less violent with the gas system vs a pump... but I think that is what caught me. My expectation was off so it surprised the hell out of me on the first shot. After that I was fine... I mean it is still a 12 GA not sure what I was thinking.

Very happy overall I need to adjust my cheek riser a bit but other than that and adding a side saddle at some point I think it is good to go.

Was able to go though 7+1+1 no problems, and did not have any issues, but it was all high brass stuff. I was going to take out a few boxes of target loads but forgot them at the house.

14. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Sweet,.........

15. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Forgot the original post had it in the other configuration.

I now have the Mesa stock on it with Limbsaver and I no longer have the T-1 on it.
    [​IMG]

Also as a side note with the shorter stock on it, the Benelli M4 will fit great in a Fender Telecaster/Strat SKB Flight style case.. I suppose I should buy a better case, but it does work! You do have to take out the Charging Handle, but I would in most cases, it kinda sticks out there.

16. grainfed

grainfed Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Sk.....Nice one you have there. I sold my Remington 887 last month and bought the Mossberg 930 SPX to save some bucks but would have jumped on your choice if the $ had been there. The Mossberg has been flawless and I'm STILL waiting for some goodies from Elite Tactical Advantage to dress it up a bit. I would highly recommend the SPX. It was under $600 at ****'s Sporting Goods..................

tw

17. Drgracin72

Drgracin72 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    I broke a rib in a 3 gun match a few years ago. I was running to the next set, and slid and fell. when i did, I put my gun in front of me (pointed down range) and landed on it. The enormous charging handle went into the front of my ribs, and cracked it. Really sucked. Fantastic looking gun!

18. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm gonna have to get myself one of these. I really like that you aren't stuck to the 4 +1 capacity. How expensive an upgrade are those US parts? Is the Giessele hammer for a crisper pull?

19. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    You get to a certain point were you sit down and really look at what you have done... and figure out just how far down the rabbit hole you have gone. Then figure out you want to go a little deeper. As I have said before I got the M4 cause I have just always wanted one... it is maybe built a tiny bit better than a 930 SPX... but really I do not think I could argue it is worth the money difference from a practical standpoint. I suppose you can say the same about a 3k 1911 vs a 1.2k 1911.

Nope, at the time I got it just so that if I ever wanted the collapsible stock I had the option. As it sits right now I do not actually need it in there but it isn't hurting anything either. The tube and the follower is two parts, and the stock is number three with the hammer being 4. Only need 3 with out the C Stock but it gives me options if I want to change it up at any point.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  20. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Did you suck it up and finish the stage? No reason not too if you were able to retain control of the gun to the ground.

Man that would suck though, especially if you get a DQ in the process :p

Some of these are super big, I like this one as a happy mix but it would still ruin your day if you were to fall on it. Hell I am sure the stock one would do some damage.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted