1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Get off my lawn...
15,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m a very Big fan of S&W revolvers chambered in 45 ACP. I have a couple, and wanted to share my S&W 625 Performance Center with a 4” barrel. I just returned from the range and feed the old girl 100 rounds of 45 Auto Rim. Although I prefer my pre lock Smith and Wesson wheel guns, this gal is still pretty sweet. Great trigger, love the gold bead front sight, and 4” barrel. The cylinder is significantly shorter than the S&W 625JM, which equates to less mass and a smooth trigger pull. And like most of my wheel guns, I ditched the factory stocks for a set of Kim Ahrend round butt grips. Besides range fun, this is certainly a great bedside blaster. What’s not to love about N frames...

Wood Gun Firearm Black Trigger
Wood Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Wood Automotive exhaust Trunk Exhaust system Muffler
Wood Brown Gun Firearm White
Wood Trunk Metal Cylinder Steel

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I’m a very Big fan of S&W revolvers chambered in 45 ACP. I have a couple, and wanted to share my S&W 625 Performance Center with a 4” barrel. I just returned from the range a feed the old girl 100 rounds of 45 Auto Rim. Although I prefer my pre lock Smith and Wesson wheel guns, this gal is still pretty sweet. Great trigger, love the gold bead front sight, and 4” barrel. The cylinder is significantly shorter than the S&W 625JM, which equates to less mass and a smooth trigger pull. And like most of my wheel guns, I ditched the factory stocks for a set of Kim Ahrend round butt grips. Besides range fun, this is certainly a great bedside blaster. What’s not to love about N frames...

View attachment 391969 View attachment 391971 View attachment 391973 View attachment 391975 View attachment 391977
Ed, I’ll agree that 625 PC’s are great revolvers but the unanswered question of the day is; after shooting, how were the hamburgers?

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
That PC is sweet . The 625 series in 45 acp is quickly becoming my favorite . The shorter brass of the 45 acp and auto rim work well with quick burning pistol powder and shorter barrels . Those Ahrend grips really complete it .

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,412 Posts
.45 cal N-Frames you say?

I like em!
Gun Firearm Ammunition Trigger Gun accessory

625 prelock.

·
Turgid member
603 Posts
The N frame is one of S&W's big successes. My N frame 629-3 has the best trigger I've ever pulled. Sex on a stick.
Keep an eye under that Hogue grip for corrosion. Ask me how I know.

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Herretts “Shooting Masters” and “Jordan Trooper”.
I modded them further ( to fit better) after receiving from Herretts.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,248 Posts
m58 Pawn rescue.
Extractor rod and bits replaced, bead blast corrosion and Melonite.

Pre 29-

25-5
Love that 58. If I could only have one handgun for everything that one would fill the bill.

Reactions: gps man and gaijin

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,248 Posts
Since this has become a "show of your N-frames" thread I'll post these two up again since I'm N-frame poor and these are all I have at the moment.:)

.41mag 3" RB M28-2 w/Ti cylinder

.45ACP 28-2 'Crowbar'

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,412 Posts
A few more N-Frames.
Pre-lock 629 Classic
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Revolver

627 PC
Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory

1 - 20 of 96 Posts