Navy vs Army

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nmbuzz, Dec 8, 2018.

1. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    I hear West Point is a fine institution and the Army really does a number of things pretty well, it's just that football really isn't one of em.

Now that the secret 2 year "Army Morale Building Program" AMBP is complete Navy will go back to their natural winning way.

GO NAVY!

you fellers have fun now

[​IMG]

boatdoc, xerts1191, FWoo45 and 3 others like this.
  2. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018

3. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
  4. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Navy- 100 men go out to sea, 50 couples come back

boatdoc, xerts1191, tokuboi69 and 3 others like this.
  5. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Maybe next year nmbuzz

nmbuzz and tac45 like this.
  6. tac45

Mar 4, 2012
    08343155-AA59-412B-814D-129FDBF44683.gif

7. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    No losers in that game. Some of the guys who played will die fighting for this country. Best game in college football. Anybody who says different is well...............................

8. Diablo

Diablo When in doubt, empty the magazine!!!

Nov 28, 2018
  9. tac45

Mar 4, 2012
    And you damn sure didn’t have to worry about anyone disrespecting our great country by taking a knee .

xerts1191, Capthobo, nmbuzz and 4 others like this.
  10. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    Ranger Pat would approve.

Something else to just throw out there, not a one is looking for a payday with the not to be mentioned. They are all brothers, willing to sign that check for each other....

11. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Yeah, I got nuthin...... except!....... Did you all notice that the Navy Cadets were just a hair more on key during the National Anthem??? No? Me neither. That rendition made bumps on my arm hair. Wow! What a stadium full of America's best.

xerts1191, FWoo45, Capthobo and 3 others like this.
  12. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    they all make me proud. it is tax dollars well spent educating these fine Americans.

there are no losers--well on this day for this game--one will win--the other not

Loved everyone saluting the flag and honoring our POTUS too

13. pistolpete

pistolpete Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2016
    It's a game. Sheeeeeeesh. Who cares.
    The navy can give artillery support from over the horizon. It's all about supporting the Infantry. The Infantry is the ARMY, thank you.

14. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Watched the game....and saw it for what it was...a game between friends. As others have said, few if any will make football a career. All will offer their lives for their country. There were no individual losers in the game other than the uniforms. Navy has had some kick ass uniforms in the past, a goat, your mascot. Navy pays homage to an Isis sex slave...and Army...Nike uniforms....really?

Refreshing to see no felons playing as well.

BTW...take a knee there, a serious beating will occur.

Oldgunner, limbkiller and xerts1191 like this.
  15. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    B709BD8F-6042-475E-980A-A9632EC70C0C.jpeg A838354E-6CB4-4A35-9904-B5D43B4C28D4.jpeg One of my Mountain West Conf. teams

BenchMonkey and FWoo45 like this.
  16. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Who cares? A great many young men and women who have given and now pledge their lives so ....people.... like you can say idiotic things like "who cares".

Who cares? Thousands of cadets and service members who are learning about, living and dying
    for esprit de corps.

Who cares? Service personnel active and retired and wounded all over the world. Family members of service personnel who have or are serving. Or are wounded or deceased.

Who cares? The service personnel who are in need of team and morale building so they can justify sacrificing their lives for ... people ....like you who say ...."who cares".

Who cares? Patriotic and proud and thankful Americans. Millions of allied citizens. Nations all over the world.

Who cares? I care. And you damn sure should.

Oldgunner and limbkiller like this.
  17. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Yep ol' pete missed this one badly. Doesn't have a clue. Must have been one of those "soft" boys who never played sports. Can't believe anybody would say that who had an active brain cell. The guys in that game are the some of the best are military has. You obviously are are Hillary voter to say something so stupid, ignorant and anti military.

nmbuzz likes this.
  18. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Tell the Marines in Korea how bad the Army is pal. Pathetic. The marines saved their ass.

nmbuzz likes this.
  19. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    All of the BS here aside, as a member of USNA class of '65, I appreciate the positive comments that were made here about our two services' traditional rivalry each year. It's unique except for one other one - Navy and Notre Dame. It's the only other college game that honors each other's Alma Mater song after each game - a story that few people know about - called mutual respect.

20. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    PS: My sister is married to a Marine officer and my youngest daughter is married to a US Air Force officer. I have a great uncle who was a 3-star general in the US Army and a first cousin who was a Captain in the Navy. My best friend is a retired Commander in the US Coast Guard. They're all good!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted