1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a long, long time ago, in a place far away from where I presently live I put my name down on Ned's list :ROFLMAO: I am not exactly sure how many years at this point, definitely more than 12 years and less than 20. Apparently in this case unlike putting my name down for a Daytona, it pays off as my name has come up at long last!

That being said, it is very rare that one ever sees Ned's guns posted - so any addicts have Christensen guns that they carry and shoot? Care to share some photos, build details, thoughts?

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,508 Posts
So a long, long time ago, in a place far away from where I presently live I put my name down on Ned's list :ROFLMAO: I am not exactly sure how many years at this point, definitely more than 12 years and less than 20. Apparently in this case unlike putting my name down for a Daytona, it pays off as my name has come up at long last!

That being said, it is very rare that one ever sees Ned's guns posted - so any addicts have Christensen guns that they carry and shoot? Care to share some photos, build details, thoughts?
No direct experience, but I’m sure it will be a treat!! Can’t wait to hear about it and see it!!

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: 1911 crazed

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
157 Posts
With Ned, the sky is the limit when it comes to creativity. Let him know your budget up front and he will do all he csn

Ned does his best work when you give him artistic license to do so. I agree with the thoughts above, tell him what you want the gun to do, give him some basics for design (maybe), and let him do the rest. His switch caliber guns are cool, and since 9x23 is making its way back to “popularity”, why not treat yourself to a 9x19-9x23-38sup switch caliber gun?

If you’re not familiar with his grip treatments, definitely familiarize yourself with them. FRAG, Conamyds, barbed wire, serrations, checkering. Definitely get his shield driver site, to own a Ned gun and not have that would be a tragedy. For slide top, he does some killer herringbone type patterns, or his “horizontal” serrations are great, too.

Do you want a magwell, or is him using his equivalent to a Chen maxbevel sufficient? Do you want his reduced grip profile (he removes a bit of the rear of the MSH and the frame to reduce girth, and shods it in thin grips)? I’ll say, even with my large mitts, the reduced grip profile is surprisingly awesome. I’ve kinda fell in love with it over the years.

It’s a joy to know and work over details with Ned. Owning one of his guns, you’re part of a rather small family! Certainly enjoy the adventure and pics from the wizard working his magic along the way!

All that said, you really should just sell me your build slot. Haha!

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 83 Posts