Need a Holster Recommendation

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by wrmiller, Dec 28, 2018.

1. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    Looking for a left-handed holster for a 5" STI Edge type pistol that has the full length dust cover. OWB. Thanks.

2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Contact Paul at warbird leather.

FWoo45, ImperialBlade and wrmiller like this.

3. IANative

IANative Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Long’s Shadow Holsters (lsholster.com) will make holsters for any and all STI models.

Man of Corn, token3495 and wrmiller like this.
  4. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Kramer Leather....

5. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    How much are you looking to spend and what do you want it for? I purchased a safariland for 40 bucks on amazon and it holds all STI models up to 5” barrel. It works great with my 4.1” Tactical

wrmiller likes this.
  6. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I just spent the money for a custom right-handed holster, right before I realized that I should switch to left handed. :(

I want it for general carry, not a competition rig. Could you tell me the model of the Safariland you bought?

7. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    4AF51498-9F37-4DB4-A70C-B4E03F40CF78.png It’s the safariland 5198. They have models for half and full length dust rail. A quick search showed them for 27-35 bucks on amazon.

wrmiller likes this.
  8. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
  9. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
  10. Nemain

Nemain Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Garrett or Longs Shadow will get it done.

Man of Corn, token3495 and IANative like this.
  11. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Just spent a fair amount of time with Rocky from Pure Kustom.
    He now makes leather IWB/OWB holsters for every single STI built.
    https://www.stiholsters.com/

wrmiller likes this.
  12. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    This. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. Best I've found and Paul is great to work with. Not saying there aren't others, I've got a milt sparks ss on order for komifornia summer carry, they were easy to deal with, but I don't expect it to be like my Warbird holsters.

Badabing11, wrmiller and WHEELS like this.
  13. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Warbird for leather, Garrett for leather lined kydex. I have both and use each regularly. Excellent products and you’ll have your holster in days/weeks and not months.

wrmiller, BennyAdeline and WHEELS like this.
  14. Tactical Rico

Tactical Rico Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    If you want any kind of retention (level 2) you might go with a Safariland ALS 578 Long. I use it with a STI Costa and a 4.0 DS Tactical H.O.S.T. I had to trim it a little for the Trijicon RMR but without the RMR sight it worked fine with both. After trimming it still works fine with both. Also works with my 1911's, with or without a rail...
    TR

15. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Can you post a picture of it with the RMR in it? I’d like to see how you trimmed it.

Safariland confirmed at SHoT they would be releasing an ALS model for the STI Tactical with RMR, but wouldn’t say how long.

16. Tactical Rico

Tactical Rico Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    O.K. ...but as you can see I'm a lousy photographer...please excuse the focus and the "scar" on the holster.
    Also keep in mind this is a left hand holster................. SANY0005.JPG

Attached Files:

17. mbsigman

mbsigman New Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I have had two kydex holsters built to my exact requests for my STIs by miholsterco.com. For $70 they built me exactly what I wanted (e.g. very high ride, thumb safety covered, etc) and shipped a very high quality product within two weeks. VERY good customer service and quality. HIGHLY recommend if you need something built to your specs for your STI.

18. Paul S

Paul S Member

Jan 4, 2020
    It's a "tactical" holster for my Staccato P DUO with Surefire X300, but I just now received my long awaited Crestone from Long's Shadow in the mail. It was a lengthier wait than I was expecting, but the quality is top notch. If it's an example of their other work I'd buy from them again. Long's2.jpg