1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just run across a blue 4.6im barrel old model Blackhawk in 357. The seller says made in 1957, it’s unconverted, and from the pics, looks to be in good shape. My concern is it’s listed for $280. This is on gunbroker btw.

Thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
I agree with SparkyAZ, seller is either a scammer or someone that is way out of touch with the gun market in 2020?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I was wondering about that. From the pictures, it looks really clean. I’m watching it for now. All the other old model’s are in the $700 range.

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
7,861 Posts
Is that the one at $293.00 right now with 8 days to go? Looks pretty decent, god knows where the price to go with 6 bidders on it already and 8 days for them to increase that dream deficit. They're all nickel & diming tonight with their Friday night beers & pizza.

·
just one more
656 Posts
IF you can see it in person that's one thing, if not stay away, unless you can sort out a buyer protection that's iron-clad

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IF you can see it in person that's one thing, if not stay away, unless you can sort out a buyer protection that's iron-clad
It’s old and as is. So if it’s a rust bucket, than I get a $300 rust bucket. That’s how I took it. And somebody has bid on it. Up 13 bucks lol.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that the one at $293.00 right now with 8 days to go? Looks pretty decent, god knows where the price to go with 6 bidders on it already and 8 days for them to increase that dream deficit. They're all nickel & diming tonight with their Friday night beers & pizza.
Yeah that’s the one. I just sold a rifle and have some cash. Trying not to have buck fever. It’s difficult.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
But not better than sending to our resident desert trekking bard to slap down on "black." Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he hasn't crossed the threshold of one of those establishments in 20 years though.

I think he is spot on about the pizza and beer croud and their Friday night bidding habits. Hell, I'd go raise my number if you weren't an Addict and I didn't have two newer models already that I have absolutely no use/love for. I'm in the cold cuts and bourbon croud though.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
All screw head slots look unmolested, a couple of small areas on barrel/extractor housing of possible pitting, turn line is not bad at all. Overall looks in very good shape imho. That price will get higher as it gets close to auction end I bet. Seller has 4 pages of current guns for sale with over 10K sold. Nothing scares me about this.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: up to $330. I’m gonna pass. I’d pay that gladly, but I need it in my hands first.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It’s a nice looking gun, but the front sight is not original.
Started with a Penny starting bid. I can see it hitting $500 minimum. Probably more.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It’s a nice looking gun, but the front sight is not original.
Started with a Penny starting bid. I can see it hitting $500 minimum. Probably more.
I didn’t think the front site looked original either. It doesn’t look out of place though. Maybe a newer version? I gave in to temptation. Winning @$370. Lol.
My last post was a lie!!!

I like the idea of having an early Blackhawk. Can’t help myself.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, moot point now. My bid held for about 24 hrs. Got outbid, I can’t go over $400 bucks. Cutting myself off!!! No more gunbroker!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts