1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an itch for years that finally needs scratched. I want a CZ for play, an accurate 9mm. This will strictly be a range gun, I won't use it as a match gun. The most important things to me are reliability and accuracy. Si far the list has been narrowed down to one of these 3:
AccuShadow 2
Czechmate
TS Orange

There are attributes I like about all three but can't decide. Any advice? Buying all 3 isn't an option right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
accushadow 2. accurate, reliable..very accurate and fun to boot

good luck

BTW you will be buying more so buy another safe as needed

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have not shot any of them, I picked up an old CZ-75 for cheep and using it I was consistently outshooting my friend who was using a rife at 75 yards. Now, part of that is my friend, part was that the range was my backyard, but a big part was that pistol. Since that day I have loved that CZ. I did get the chance to see one of the TS Oranges in the local store and I have to say that the "gas peddle" on the left side is awesome. Please take us along on your journey.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Not on your list, but have you considered the CZC A01--LD?
I would vote for this one over the others. also a bull shadow2 is up there on the great guns list

·
Banned
393 Posts
I've had an itch for years that finally needs scratched. I want a CZ for play, an accurate 9mm. This will strictly be a range gun, I won't use it as a match gun. The most important things to me are reliability and accuracy. Si far the list has been narrowed down to one of these 3:
AccuShadow 2
Czechmate
TS Orange

There are attributes I like about all three but can't decide. Any advice? Buying all 3 isn't an option right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
a friend has one and he swears by it, says it's the best, so enjoy! I don't know what model.

Reactions: Steve B

·
What me worry ?
11,101 Posts
My advice is to buy another 1911 and leave the sleaze alone .

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
TS ORANGE!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the things I love about each of these:
Single action triggers on the Czechmate and TSO
The worked over trigger on the AccuShadow
Frame optics mount on Czechmate and TSO
Bushing on the AccuShadow
Ability to add a 10X bushing or have CZC install a bushing on TSO (hopefully equal Czechmate accuracy)
Weight of AccuShadow and TSO
Barrel length on TSO and Czechmate
Frame checkering on TSO and Czechmate
Optics and extra comp barrel on Czechmate
No magwell on AccuShadow
Full Length frames on AccuShadow and TSO

Leaning towards the TSO if the accuracy will equal the Czechmate by adding a 10X or CZC bushing. There's a NIB Czechmate locally that I can probably get for 2700-2800. I'm torn...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A Cajunized Shadow 2 has been a family favorite for a while now.

View attachment 459143
Here's a man after my own heart, LOL. We have a mutual love of a single brand of 1911, which also created an unfair expectation for every other gun produced...
What's the furthest you've shot your Shadow 2? What all did CJW do to this one?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would recommend a fully Cajunized CZ 75 for around the same price as the three you listed. The CGW package takes them to the next level

·
Failed all therapy
3,154 Posts
Here's a man after my own heart, LOL. We have a mutual love of a single brand of 1911, which also created an unfair expectation for every other gun produced...
What's the furthest you've shot your Shadow 2? What all did CJW do to this one?
Only out to 25 yards, so far. Cajun milled the slide for the RMR. I had our local GS do the SA only conversion and the spring kit from Cajun. The trigger is a crisp 4 lbs or so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have two CZ's, the SP-01 Shadow TargetII and the P10F (which is utterly ridiculous).

I shoot the P10F better than the TargetII, but not before I added the Talon grip tape to save my palm and added the Theta trigger from HB.

Buy what feels good in the hand and sights well. Then keep shooting it.

·
старая каза
594 Posts

This CZ Custom Shadow Orange has proven to be my best all-around range toy and match gun for the past couple of years.

I picked one of these up about a month ago and after a minor issue that required CZC's attention, it has been a beast. It may well prove to be a worthy successor to the Shadow Orange.

I prefer the SP-01 platform over the Shadow 2 because of the more balanced weight distribution and it being 7 to 8 oz. lighter. That doesn't sound like much but, I really start feeling the difference after 150-175 rounds during a match and I've still got another 25-50 more to go. I realize the OP said he didn't have any intention to compete but, I didn't either until I started shooting an upgraded CZ. It's unavoidable.

Thing is, you really don't have to spend beaucoup bucks to get a CZ that shoots well. It has been my experience that if you just replace the sights and do a trigger job, they'll do what the OP is seeking. I can't speak to the 50 yard-requirement, though. Nearly everything I shoot is < 25M. I don't why you couldn't engage targets at that range with the right sights. CZ's are inherently accurate enough to do that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts