1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to buy some 38 super ammo by bulk and have decided on Fiocchi. Fiocchi seems to have two different lines of 38 super ammo. The Exacta line & the Classic line in the red box. The grain bullets are the same at 129 grains.

Can someone please tell me the difference in the two? Is one line better than the other? Thank you kindly for you help.

JD

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I will only say I have shot both thru my Guncrafter 38 super. The gun has never had a hiccup thru thousands of rounds. I bought 500 of the red box and had three boxes that were out of spec and wouldn't feed. I lost faith in it. It definitely was the ammo.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
I buy the red boxes all the time and it shoots accurately and clean, I didn't even know there was a blue box

Reactions: boatdoc

·
Fondle his Baer
338 Posts
No experience with their 38 stuff but I found their ammo to be corrosive, this was 2012 also. Started putting my Les Baer. Never shot it again. Word of caution as it is famous because it’s cheap, not because it’s good.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
No experience with their 38 stuff but I found their ammo to be corrosive, this was 2012 also. Started putting my Les Baer. Never shot it again. Word of caution as it is famous because it’s cheap, not because it’s good.
I have never heard of their ammo being corrosive. I have shot a far amount of their 9mm and 45 ACP and never had an issue. I found it to be cheaper and better than most Winchester WWB product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.