1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can someone help me identify this frame? If I go by the serial number it is a 1938 Colt M1911A1, but I am confused by what I am seeing in the fonts on the serial number and the positioning of the lettering of the M1911A1 roll mark. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,750 Posts
Welcome Mr Burdett. Someone will be along to address your questions. Search and enjoy all this fine forum has to offer..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sir. Your gun is 12 sn#'s from mine and you are correct the font is wrong.The proof mark should be a large P. And looks like a Parkerized gun. Regards. Joe

·
What me worry ?
11,101 Posts
Joe, the p (proofmark ie tested with overload ) can be large or small
If more then one p appears on the same pistol they will both be equal in size ,please remember more than one person proofed1911s .

·
Registered
319 Posts
At this point it really doesn't matter because it is illegal to own by federal law because the serial number has been changed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
[QUOTEYour gun is not a 1938 Colt 1911,maybe a 1914 Colt altered.any way not legit 1938 Colt 1911.[/QUOTE]

What about it looks like a 1914? Bubba didn't put those finger cutouts in that frame. Probably a late aftermarket frame with bogus markings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts