Need new Range Bag

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by HooDoo Man, Mar 10, 2019.

1. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    My local pistol range is raising their locker rental double than what it was. Screw that. I need a larger Range Bag that will hold 2 full size pistols 400 rds. of ammo, Ear muffs, glasses, mags, and the rest of the assorted stuff. I want something that will last, good quality. Preferably made in USA. Up to $300. Any suggestions?

2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015

3. scottl

scottl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Not made in us either but the midwayusa competition bag is hard to beat

jmr986, techiede, Capthobo and 3 others like this.
  4. Mike0251

Mike0251 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 25, 2016
    gaijin and boatdoc like this.
  5. Don_P

Don_P Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2018
    Good luck with that "Made in USA" stipulation. I found this one on eBay for half MSRP and it's surprisingly better made than I expected. Will easily hold what you listed and then some. Quality zippers were one of my requirements, ....passed. Very durable.
    https://www.511tactical.com/range-qualifier-bag.html[​IMG]

wrmiller and BBP like this.
  6. 1911 dawg

1911 dawg Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Youngest daughter got me one last Christmas. Holds 4 guns ,mags , ammo & gear .It has a US Flag patch on one side .I'll find out where she got it .It's a niz'en .But fully packed you need a set of hand trucks to carry it .She said now Daddy you can throw that old one away . Ok I will. I'm saving it I might need it one day

7. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
  8. BR549er

Jul 6, 2018

There's a quick video review. if you decide on one, check around for best price. Amazon, OpticsPlanet, etc.

9. BR549er

Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  10. BoilerBob

BoilerBob New Member

Feb 13, 2019
    For some reason, I am unable to paste the Link to Amazon (sorry) but if you go to their website, search for Case-Club-Tactical-4-Pistol-Backpack and you will see a lot of different bag selections. This one is $89.99

11. BoilerBob

BoilerBob New Member

Feb 13, 2019
    In the 5th post above, I see that Nighttrain provided the link to Amazon...that's what I was trying to provide to you. Thanks Nighttrain!

12. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
  13. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
  14. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    Ive got old Dillons that I dont think they make anymore. I ve got a couple CED bags and they are great. One Midway Competition bag with inner stage bag. Had a second hand Green Mtn bag that I let go with my 38Super race gun. All good bags. Like anything else you can pay as little or as much as you want. Ive never had a blowout or failure of anykind on any of these bags except the dillon, the velcro on the handle let go and the dillons arent made anymore I dont think. Good luck.

15. cbrussell

cbrussell Member

Jun 9, 2013
    I second Shooters Connection bags. Tough, good features with multiple compartments which I like for organization. Made not be USA made, but great quality.

boatdoc and Mike0251 like this.
  16. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    The one from Shooters Connection is almost identical to my current bag which is over 25 years old. The shoulder strap finally bit the dust, but other than that is has been a very good soldier, hauling two pistols, match ammo, cleaning gear, tools, extra parts, etc., etc..

And it was twice the price of the one at SC. I may have to get one. :)

boatdoc and Mike0251 like this.
  17. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
  18. Mike0251

Mike0251 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 25, 2016
    I read the reviews, watched the videos, did my home work. Was still on the fence a bit but then at one of my USPSA shoots I saw this guy and his bag, same color I was looking at which is why it caught my eye. It was the shooters connection bag. I was freaking impressed! Even comes with an inner bag, gun sleeve, front folds down for two rows of magazines, water bottle spot, brass bag, and built like a tank. Best damn $100 I've spent in awhile and it will most likely last my lifetime.

FredZ, wrmiller and Colorado Sonny like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted