need to get a grip

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by boatdoc, Mar 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I now own a S-W 617 and a Ruger super redhawk. I love revolvers andshoot them well (IMHO). one issue I am having is that both guns trigger guards cut into my shooting hand middle finger near the 1st joint. the resulting pain ruins the experience. I noticed that my DW 715 has great grips that partially cover the back and bottom of the trigger guard=no pain

pachmayr and hogue grips doe not have the extended trigger guard coverage I need( pachmayr made some great decelerator grips. not available anymore for my revolvers.

so I am asking anyone if they know of a company that makes grips that look like these:

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/715-revolver/

or have any other suggestions of rubber grips that will relieve the pain I experience when shooting these wonderful revolvers

thanks

2. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Gloves help a lot.

boatdoc and Scaramouche like this.

3. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    boatdoc likes this.
  4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    One year I shot 36,000 rounds through this 617 (I failed, as the project's intent was to shoot 52,000 rounds) and with these grips I maintained comfort and accuracy. The gun is a round butt frame, these grips are those conversions to square butt. Don't know manufacturer as I picked them up at a gun show.

P1050627.JPG

P1050628.JPG

Don't have experience with the Super.

william adams, rmac, boatdoc and 2 others like this.
  5. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    Colorado Sonny likes this.
  6. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
  7. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    S+W cs suggested a few grips. one set of hogues seem right. might get a set of hogues for the ruger super redhawk. worth a try. I need soft grips to protect my aching finger

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  8. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Aching finger? You have been watchin AOC video's again haven't you! :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

boatdoc likes this.
  9. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    my jaw would be sore from laughing at what that idiot says daily....not my finger ;)

10. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    @Scaramouche, your grips look to me a lot like these - Deacon Deason Bear Hug Grips. I sold this set to an esteemed fellow Addict.

D36119AF-3058-4520-9E7C-E5C49971C7C8.jpeg

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted