Need to get me Some gun-buds !!

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by x95mk220, Dec 19, 2018.

1. x95mk220

x95mk220 #1. I am powerless against a well built 1911.

Jun 17, 2018
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SHOOTING BUDS, I’ve literally have only had found like-minded firearm buddies on the forums. Would be nice to meet up with someone in MI to shoot on a regular basis and I’m really wanting to try IDPA and having a bud to go do things like that would be sweet! Other non-gun people just don’t get it.

2. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    I wish you good luck in your quest my friend.

If life were fair we would all live in a place where we all could meet & go shooting together. Of course we would have a giant Range to shoot Rifles & pistols & a nice big lake to go fishing in. :)

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas.

3. x95mk220

Jun 17, 2018
    You too bud. My goal is to have enough property to walk outa the back door and have a hickock setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. x95mk220

Jun 17, 2018
    My names Mike by the way; nice to meet ya & great name!

boatdoc and ImperialBlade like this.
  5. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    What are doing up at almost 4am I enjoy the quiet time with the Bats LOL. Realy when you get older you get up & clean & fondle your guns because you can't sleep.

boatdoc likes this.
  6. x95mk220

Jun 17, 2018
    I’m RN midnighter; have been for a very long time, but besides having A wicked addiction to all sorts of firearms I also have an addiction to custom knives and I’m wanting a seiko automatic watch which will prolly lead me down the rabbit hole..lol

7. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    That's great. I can see by your Winter wish list you got the 1911 bug big time :)
    Well at your age you have a long time to go.
    I like seeing you reach out to find a shooting buddy. There are a lot of Addicts in MI so someone should reach out to you.
    Well it's time for me to sneak back to bed before the Ol lady wakes up at 5am.
    TTYL Mike.

ImperialBlade and x95mk220 like this.
  8. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I'd be happy to go shooting with you if you were in Maine. I'm a respiratory therapist in a small rural hospital other than my kid the one shooting buddy I have is an RN and we usually work opposite days of each other so we seldom get to go to matches together. It sucks because except for an every other month or so unsanctioned action pistol match at the little local rod and gun club it's at least 75miles to a range holding sanctioned shoots. Making those drives alone gets old, as does shooting with strangers even though folks are always very nice. Anyway, good luck in your quest, just wanted to let you know that, while you're alone, you're not the only one in your situation.:D

gps man, boatdoc, Shocker2000 and 2 others like this.
  9. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Well Mike, I don't get up North much anymore. However, if you get to Tennessee I can help you out. If it's during pro football season we can watch a game at Nissan Stadium with my PSLs (Personal Seat Licence). I am hoping to add lower Alabama to this list, if I can ever find a home with viable internet service.

boatdoc likes this.
  10. x95mk220

Jun 17, 2018
    Count me in!!

ImperialBlade likes this.
  11. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Research your local IDPA matches you'll have a few buds

x95mk220 likes this.
  12. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Being retired I try to go shooting as much as possible. I go to the local range after lunch. I got all 360 acres to my self. At first I missed my shooting bud but now I enjoy being alone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

x95mk220 likes this.
  13. x95mk220

Jun 17, 2018
    It is nice when u have a range all to yourself but I like a little competition to show off my skills and improve them when a buddy may suggest something that really helps and I just shooting the **** about firearms, knives & women. If working in a gun & knife store made 6 figure salaries I’d be there. Hell if people in general didn’t need money to live I’d work in a LGS for free I will soon buy a piece of land in which I can have my own steel target challenge!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    maybe post a thread inviting michigan members to meet up and shoot.

good luck

if you were in Ct, I would shoot with ya

welcome BTW

15. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Are you in Michigan ? MI = Michigan

x95mk220 likes this.
  16. johnholliday

johnholliday Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Hello from Mid-Michigan, we have more people on here than you would think. Look at the group Michigan Gun Owners as well for more locals.

x95mk220 likes this.
  17. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    C'mon by!
    We've got a night shoot planned for Christmas Eve.
    Starts at 8PM MST sharp.
    Be sure to bring at least 400rds handgun and 400rds carbine.

x95mk220, gps man and Jollyroger1 like this.
  18. x95mk220

Jun 17, 2018
    Oh goodnes gracious Mr. Rogers. Ive been a fan of your work & genius of design/manufacturing of hand-made-custom 1911's. Apologies for missing the Christmas shoot, but had to help out some family over the holidays booking me up and now I am about to head to Missouri for 13weeks for a RN contract but this Mr. Rogers (yes we do share a last name and understand where the genius derives from.lol) would love to come to your next shoot if and when you have one this spring and maybe weasel my way into them books that I could only imagine are jammed shut and back logged around 5 years..lol.... Life is short.... Let me know the next shoot, would love to come have some fun and bring my ar pistol build.... I will probably be taking a couple weeks off in between contracts which should land me in around April ish you can DM me details of any future shoots if & when their is anything open..... :0)

19. x95mk220

Jun 17, 2018
    I didn't realize ;0)

20. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Plenty of 1911 Addicts in Missouri.

Where about are you headed?

x95mk220 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted