Needing Cash Sale - Handguns and Rifles - REDUCED!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Olympus, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Olympus

Olympus Grip Maker and FFL Dealer

Oct 7, 2011
    Guys I’m in a bit of a bind and gonna have to let go of a few of my favorite guns. Most of these it literally pains me to list for sale.

Ruger No.1 RSI in 257 Roberts. Gun is new in the box AND new old stock! I’ve had this gun for several years and it’s just so beautiful I couldn’t make myself shoot it or hunt with it. It’s never left my house. $1200 and free shipping.

Springfield Armory Range Officer Operator in 9mm with 6 mags. Like new with box and paperwork. Incredibly soft shooting. My wife’s favorite gun to shoot at the range. $825 and free shipping. - SOLD

Sig Sauer P229 in .40 S&W and additional 357 Sig barrel with German-made frame. Like new with box and 2 mags. One mag is vintage zipper back mag. $565 and free shipping.

Kimber 82 Government competition target 22LR. These were specially made as military training rifles. Almost all have a large cut on the stock from when they were opened by the military. This one does NOT. Wood is gorgeous! Comes with all of the original paperwork and accessories, Kimber peep sight with all the additional front sight apertures, factory bipod, and factory front sling swivel. Has a brand new Weaver T36 target dot scope installed. Yes, that’s a straight 36X scope. Gun shoots one hole 5-shot groups at 50 yards all day! $1250 and free shipping.

I’ll be posting photos next and can take additional photos of any gun upon request. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
    Scaramouche and boatdoc like this.
  2. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011

3. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011
  4. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Sorry to hear of your woes!
    I’m tapped right now or I’d love the p365 but GLWSs

simonp, boatdoc and Olympus like this.
  5. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011
  6. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011
    Removed

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Mr. Knight, ronin11 and boatdoc like this.
  7. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011
  8. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    sorry to hear

like bobo, I am tapped now

wish I could help

glws

Olympus likes this.
  9. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Sorry to hear. These are great pieces.

10. Jim Lyles

Jim Lyles Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Sir, sorry to hear about this. Looking for some upscale ironwood government 1911 grip. If you had something like that I could help, but don’t need anymore pistols right now.

11. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011
    I can definitely hook you with some amazing ironwood grips. Just shoot me a PM.

12. Sharptop

Sharptop Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I have the Ruger like that one, love it. Kind in of between a .243 and a .270. Nice short rifle with low recoil and the “it” factor.

Olympus likes this.
  13. RS.

RS. Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2017
    God I miss my Kimber 82G. Sorry for your luck. Hoping these sell quick for you.

Olympus likes this.
  14. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011
    Guys I’m blown away at all the support and messages I have received! I wasn’t trying to advertise my grips, but after all the PMs I figured I could just share some general information here for everyone in case there is interest. I’d be more than happy to make grips for everyone. Maybe that would let me keep a few of the guns instead of having to sell them!

I’ve been making and selling 1911 grips for a over 10 years now and I’ve sold almost 2000 sets. Yes, that’s 2-thousand! I used to have a contract with Cabot Gun to make grips for their 1911s and I sold somewhere around 600 sets just to Cabot. One set went on the gun they made for Joe Mantegna and was on display at the NRA Convention in St. Louis several years ago. Feel free to look through my website at some of my work. I don’t keep a large inventory on-hand, but have moved in a direction of doing special orders mostly. A customer contacts me and tells me what wood they want for their grips. I then send them some photos of raw scales that are available and the customer gets to pick their own wood that they want their grips to be made from. Then they tell me how they want their grips to be made. I’ve found this approach works well for me and gives customers the chance to be more involved in the process. I’ve had a lot of people say they wished a set I already had made would have had a bobtail cut or a magwell cut, etc. This way you pick the wood you want and how you want them made and I make them that way. Anyway, that’s my spiel. And here is my website: www.brownscustomgrips.com

15. GIJoke

GIJoke A meat popsicle I am

Aug 28, 2018
    Do you make grips in any material other than wood?

16. Jim Lyles

Jim Lyles Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Adam,
    I cannot speak for everyone, but I am sure a few feel as I do. We all have a heart to help. We have all been in that place.....I am sure some others are there now.....and it would not be surprising if others don't deal with things in the future. So we all may need help either in the past, now or in the future and to that end you see what is happening.

Best,
    Jim

Glanoril likes this.
  17. Olympus

Oct 7, 2011
    Guys, I'm close to being able to pay off my bills but I still need to sell 1 or 2 more guns...or maybe a few more sets of grips. I'm reducing the price on the Springfield RO Operator to $775 and the Sig P229 to $525. Prices include free shipping!

GIJoke likes this.
  18. GIJoke

GIJoke A meat popsicle I am

Aug 28, 2018
    So according to my math that’s 6.5 pairs of grips? What’s a person to do with one grip!?!

19. ronin11

ronin11 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 17, 2017
    Just ordered a set of Fiddleback's - glad I could be a part of this effort;

20. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Smokin deal on the RO Operator... so wish I could.

Olympus likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted