1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer the AR platform. However, Clint Smith said something that I think is good advice, "never assume that you'll get to fight with your own gun."

The AKM is probably the most popular rifle platform in the world. So, with Clint's advise in mind, I should probably know how to run one--even if it isn't my weapon of choice.

Today I picked up a WASR 10. It's nothing pretty, and there are many like it. But, in time, I think it will help me to be a more capable shooter.

Textile Plaid Pattern Tartan Machine gun

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey! You guys are ruining my attempt to rationalize today's impulse buy.

Let's try this again...

Clint Smith says I need an AKM. Therefore, when I purchased my WASR 10 at my LGS today, I was acting as a responsible adult, not a middle aged man child.

;)

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clint Smith also says I need a Nighthawk, but that's for another day...

·
Banned
821 Posts
Hey! You guys are ruining my attempt to rationalize today's impulse buy.

Let's try this again. Clint Smith says I need an AKM. So, therefore, when I purchased my WASR 10 at my LGS today, I was not acting as a middle aged man child, but rather I was acting as a responsible adult.

;)
Well if CS tells you that you need an AKM, you NEED and AKM! That being said, I heard from a friend of a friend that Clint also says you need an AK-74...

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That being said, I heard from a friend of a friend that Clint also says you need an AK-74...
I like the concept. But the availability of 5.45x39 ammo here in the US seems to be more limited than the traditional 7.62x39 ammo.

I think there is currently an import ban on the Russian surplus AK-74 ammo?

·
Banned
821 Posts
I like the concept. But the availability of 5.45x39 ammo here in the US seems to be more limited than the traditional 7.62x39 ammo.

I think there is currently an import ban on the Russian surplus AK-74 ammo?
There is, but as far as I know, Wolf and Tula still import plenty, maybe a few others, usually around $.23/round. It's a fun caliber to shoot.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would it hurt any one's feelings if I suggested you folks been watching to much television?
Well, at least I didn't buy an electric truck.

:grin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.