1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’m new to the world of 1911’s and before purchasing my first I spent some time checking out this forum. With so many options/price points to choose from, I took my time and read up on posts/reviews searches here and watched some YT reviews. I ultimately settled on a minty OG (fwd slanting cocking serrations) Dan Wesson Valor with Duty Treat finish chambered in .45 ACP. Quality piece, the hook was set deep and I’m sure there will be others in the near future!

·
Premium Member
S&W 586, CZ PCR, CZ Shadow 2, Sig P229, DW Valor, SA Garrison
108 Posts
Hello all,

I’m new to the world of 1911’s and before purchasing my first I spent some time checking out this forum. With so many options/price points to choose from, I took my time and read up on posts/reviews searches here and watched some YT reviews. I ultimately settled on a minty OG (fwd slanting cocking serrations) Dan Wesson Valor with Duty Treat finish chambered in .45 ACP. Quality piece, the hook was set deep and I’m sure there will be others in the near future!
Welcome to the forum. You made a good choice for your first 1911. The older Valors are great guns. The next step up from there is a semi-custom. This is a great forum with a lot of information and knowledge. Welcome from Mississippi
Rectangle Wood Brick Grey Beige

·
Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
2,413 Posts
Hello all,

Excellent first choice I swear I am not biased LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts