1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this be good place to post new 1911 models as there announced at shot show 2019.. if you see videos or read articles post links please

·
Vendor
3,026 Posts
Colts bordered checkering has my interest piqued. That’s not the checkering that’s characteristic to Pete Single...did Pete add in borders or is a new outfit doing colts checkering?
In speaking with Pete a few months ago Colt wanting to Checker production line guns led to them buying a CNC machine to bring it in house, The CCU, Combat Elites and probably the Gold Cups

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,311 Posts
If Colt think either of those will make people rush out and buy their guns they are sadly mistaken, IMHO

·
Vendor
3,026 Posts
I will buy one of those CCO's, ideally 9 or 38 (probably 9), Hopefully the Wiley Clapp Serial on the frame means 70 series, but not holding my breath, and not a deal breaker. . . .would like to see it sans FCS

Reactions: InstiGator

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Colt got a cnc machine a while back. Back when they started front strap checkering the special combats, which I believe was 2 years ago.
LOL Colt has had those machines for 20 years at least. I have seen them personally 5 axis no less. Now what they are used for is a different matter.

·
Double Secret Banned
2,150 Posts
That Colt Classic really should have an arched mainspring housing if they are going for the -C look.

Hasn't Sig announced new versions of their "Nightmare Xtreme Ultra Wanker" or some other model?

·
Registered
595 Posts
LOL Colt has had those machines for 20 years at least. I have seen them personally 5 axis no less. Now what they are used for is a different matter.
Dude, they specifically got a dedicated CNC machine in the custom shop for doing front strap checkering in late 2016/early 2017. That is when they started doing FSC standard on the Special Combats. Prior to that it was not done on CNC and I believe most of the FSC was sent out to Pete or others to be done, which is why so few models had FSC from Colt at the time as a factory option. Yes, I am well aware they have had CNC machines since the late 90s early 2000s, but they didn't use them for FSC. The style shown in on the CCO in the pic appeared when colt started doing checkering in house in 2017 when they got the dedicated CNC machine. Prior to that they didn't do it in house. All WC models are sent to Pete, I don't know where they previously sent the rest of their custom work, maybe Pete as well I have no idea. EVO is far more informed on all this then I am but I do know this much.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts