1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Love those grips . . . . . .

Love my Guardians . . . . . . .

Commanders - Dan Wesson - 01.JPG

Commanders - Dan Wesson - 02.JPG

Commanders - Dan Wesson - 03.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
You made a great choice....... but know this... its just a starting point.

IMG_1927 (2).jpg
IMG_1933 (2).jpg

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

I'm not sure I'm going to like this trigger long term. It seems really short. Why didn't DW use the longer trigger on these? Has anyone felt like I do initially and then grown to like it? I'm just an average size dude at 5'11" 190. Seems these triggers are for stubby fingers.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
@Dwe .... will chime in on the trigger deal.
In fact... now that I have one of his long triggers, I might be willing to part with it for shipping charges.

Reactions: colrhino and FWoo45

·
14,799 Posts
I've been meaning to get around to changing mine to flatties, but I would be going short flat black flat triggers. Working towards a full black-out look to them.

Z

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been meaning to get around to changing mine to flatties, but I would be going short flat black flat triggers. Working towards a full black-out look to them.

Z
I have a pair of VZ all black slim gatorbacks coming as well. I'm thinking about a flat trigger as well, just not black. I like the silver trigger for some reason.

·
14,799 Posts
I have a pair of VZ all black slim gatorbacks coming as well. I'm thinking about a flat trigger as well, just not black. I like the silver trigger for some reason.
Going for a total derail, this is what a short flat trigger looks like in a bobtail, only this one is in the white.

Champion - 01.JPG

Champion - 02.JPG

COTEFT-04.JPG

·
14,799 Posts
Reactions: colrhino and FWoo45

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,057 Posts
Well done, plenty of DW fans here, you did good

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'm not sure I'm going to like this trigger long term. It seems really short. Why didn't DW use the longer trigger on these? Has anyone felt like I do initially and then grown to like it? I'm just an average size dude at 5'11" 190. Seems these triggers are for stubby fingers.
@Dwe .... will chime in on the trigger deal.
In fact... now that I have one of his long triggers, I might be willing to part with it for shipping charges.

Guardians all come with medium length triggers.
I install Harrison Extreme duty Long triggers in all my 1911s in an attempt to standardize my grip and finger position from gun to gun.

This 38 Super Guardian has spent
a good part of the last 5 years as my constant companion.
E7AB1733-16E9-47A7-86F5-65C004CD334E.jpeg

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guardians all come with medium length triggers.
I install Harrison Extreme duty Long triggers in all
my 1911s in an attempt to standardize my grip and finger position from gun to gun.

This 38 Super Guardian has spent
a good part of the last 5 years.
View attachment 464039
I guess I would need to send it out to get it done. Any recommendations on someone to do this? I'd also want a serrated trigger. The Harrisons all seem to be smooth. Also, do you know if the flat triggers have the same LOP as the long triggers? Will DW install a trigger from another manufacturer?

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
I guess I would need to send it out to get it done. Any recommendations on someone to do this? I'd also want a serrated trigger. The Harrisons all seem to be smooth. Also, do you know if the flat triggers have the same LOP as the long triggers? Will DW install a trigger from another manufacturer?
If you live near Chiraq SW burbs I’d walk a through it.
Its not difficult but you have to take the gun down to get to the trigger.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts