1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Glock announced a new 22LR model, the G44. Sounds pretty interesting to me. I’m very curious to learn about it, and see if it’s something I will want.

I went and looked at the big Glock forum, and... yawns, mostly. It doesn’t seem like Glock forum guys even like Glocks very much. Weird. We shall see, I guess. Glock is really late to the party, but maybe it will be a “real” Glock- durable and reliable. If they can pull that off with 22LR, they will sell a lotta guns.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I've already seen people talking about getting their slide stippled...:bang:
I agree though, this was WAY over hyped by Glock. What's legendary about another 22 pistol? Plus from what I read, this slide/frame is proprietary and can't be swapped with any other models. Why not just get one of the 22lr uppers for $100+ less and be able to use your own frame? A $400 MSRP is too much for what it is. While I don't like Taurus, their new TX22 seems to be decent and is around $200. It was entertaining to watch what people thought this was going to be though, I knew it would be something like this. People were thinking a PCC, shotgun, and I even saw some that thought a revolver or poly 1911.

·
North Central AZ Grasslands
3,369 Posts
A lot will depend on pricing. I recently picked up a brand new AA 22 conversion for my G19 for under $200. I had one for a 1911 and it work well.

Reactions: dvs6

·
Registered
288 Posts
You could probably find a used 9mm glock for as much or less than what this 22 will cost.
Agreed...but I'm thinking about ammo costs. With a .22 I could run 5000 rounds through it in an attempt to get used to the chubby handle and the Glock trigger, lol.

If that works out, then on to centerfire. Nothing against Glocks. I had a couple 20 years ago. Just didn't get used to them.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Agreed...but I'm thinking about ammo costs. With a .22 I could run 5000 rounds through it in an attempt to get used to the chubby handle and the Glock trigger, lol.

If that works out, then on to centerfire. Nothing against Glocks. I had a couple 20 years ago. Just didn't get used to them.
Oh I'm with you, I don't care for them at all. You could also look into Polymer 80's frame too. More of a 1911 grip angle. Pretty sure they even sell the completed frames now if you don't want to build an 80%. I don't really see buying a Glock anymore with all the options we have now, many with better/ more comfortable features.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Glock's marketing people are in need of a reality intervention. If you watch one of their introductory G44 videos on the Glock website, it's an add for an outdoor lifestyle, not so much for their latest handgun. Camping, hiking, and fly casting (Really? Are they suggesting that I should carry a G44 to ward off bears while I'm fishing? OK, maybe saber-toothed beavers and muskrats). Dumbsville. Bill Ruger brought out a very good, inexpensive, plinking and casual target shooting .22 many, many moons ago. Glock isn't just late to the party - they've pretty much missed it. Time will tell.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Glock's marketing people are in need of a reality intervention. If you watch one of their introductory G44 videos on the Glock website, it's an add for an outdoor lifestyle, not so much for their latest handgun. Camping, hiking, and fly casting (Really? Are they suggesting that I should carry a G44 to ward off bears while I'm fishing? OK, maybe saber-toothed beavers and muskrats). Dumbsville. Bill Ruger brought out a very good, inexpensive, plinking and casual target shooting .22 many, many moons ago. Glock isn't just late to the party - they've pretty much missed it. Time will tell.
Well, it IS a Glock 44, and Glock has always heard that people use 44's for bear defense...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.