1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Addicts – I am looking for advice and opinions on my next pistol – a Commander / Officer .45 for carry. I have a STI Staccato C and really like it a lot. Now I am looking for a .45 that has similar dimensions and quality. Must be in .45. I’m just gonna dump out my thoughts here:

The gun would ideally have (understanding I may not get all this):
· 4 inch barrel
· Stainless all around
· Ball cuts
· Serrated back of slide
· Bushingless barrel
· Simple 25+ LPI on the front and backstrap
· Slide devoid of branding (no words on the slide)
· Rounded butt
I can live without:
· Light rail
· Front serrations
· Cut for optics
Guns I’ve checked out:
· Ed Brown Executive Commander -I’d be all over this if it was 4 inch barrel and bushingless – that Ed Brown Stainless is gorgeous! That French border. … so nice.
· Dan Wesson ECP, custom – great gun for sure, but not sure the quality will be what I want
· Wilson ACP Compact – can I get this in Stainless? Is the price worth it? Are there other Wilsons that fit what I am looking for? Their product line is big and I feel like I miss some of their offerings. How is their stainless?

I have a feeling I should get an Ed Brown Executive Commander in SS and deal with the 4.25 inch barrel and bushing. Want to tap all your knowledge to see if it’s possible to not compromise.

Thanks for all the help

KTY

·
born in the wrong century
4,329 Posts
I believe you can get the WC ACP Compact you mentioned ....in stainless.
https://www.wilsoncombat.com/acp-compact/

Choose the "build here" feature and go from there.

Give George a call and see what he can do for you.
https://www.migunslingers.com
He's listed some stainless WC ACP guns for sale recently. They looked mighty sharp. He tends to order his with clean slides, moving the markings to the frame. Looks sharp, imho.

There are a few Addicts dealers here, too. They may be able to help you out nicely.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Good fortune in your quest Sir Knight . . .
@welcome.gif

Reactions: gps man

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,058 Posts
If you really want exactly what you want just spec out a new Wilson Combat Professional, 4", bushing-less bull barrel, etc. You can select your naked slide, the safety you want, the sights (which I don't think you mentioned), slide top and rear of slide treatment, etc. Heck, even the trigger pull.

You sound like you have a vision and know what you want, that's what I would do.

Also, I agree, as nice as Wilson are, Brown stainless steel is just "different" and I mean the most beautiful, unique different you can ever imagine.

Also, if you decide to order a gun use a forum sponsor like @Cajun Concealed and not someone that doesn't frequent and support our great forum, just saying.

Here's my WC Professional in Turnbull Blue over SS in 38 super (with a nice round butt) and an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, cause we love pictures ;)

Kobra Carry.jpg
Professional 38S.jpg

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I recently reviewed a Wilson American Combat Pistol (ACP) in 9mm. It functioned flawlessly with four different types of ammo in six different magazines over several weeks, and was only cleaned and lubed once, before I started the T&E.

I have to say that it’s the equal of both of my personal Wilson 1911’s; and they cost quite a bit more than the ACP models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That Ed Brown is a gorgeous gun. I need to put eyes on a stainless Wilson in person and see what the finish is like.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
That Ed Brown is a gorgeous gun. I need to put eyes on a stainless Wilson in person and see what the finish is like.
Thank you. It is often said, and I believe it to be correct, that EB makes the most attractive stainless steel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts