1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put together my 1st 80% 1911 from a very nice Stealth Arms aluminum tactical government frame but didn't like the Stealth Arms slide cutter and went with Matrix Phantom Jig instead using .117 cutters as I wanted this to be as tight as possible. The Stealth Arms seam to cut much larger than the .120 that it is supposed to cut. I took a few swipes with the Stealth and it was cutting .131 and my Para Ord slide was on the slim side.

Anyway, it went together pretty easily than some minor filing. The only issue I have is that the magazine catch seems to not engage with cheap mags that came with the kit and am hoping that it is just the magazines.

Here is some pics of the build with the magazine release removed. You can see that the mag has the slot cut but it seems to be rather low in my opinion.

I did check and there is plenty clearance as the bushings do not protrude. The mag goes all the way to the top without any issues and seats nicely at the bottom of the grip flush. It does get the natural pressure from the mag release which is to be expected and even though the mag is inserted completely I can push the mag out from the top by pressing it down or pulling it from the bottom without touching the mag release.

It looks as though the slot that is cut in the mags are too low or the mag catch is a little to high.
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, as they were cheap magazines I took a little out with a small hand file and now they snap in to place. I hope I don't have to do this on all my mags!
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts