1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Fall, I ordered an ACW Prime Elite in 9mm. Pretty much went for all the bells and whistles including hard chrome, the extra accuracy guarantee (better than 1" at 25 yds), tritium front sight. I received the firearm this past week. It joins my low number ACW .45. I have not yet shot it, but IMO it is beautiful and it seems absolutely perfect.

Trigger pull is fantastic. There was some talk in other threads about the 9mms being looser, but this one is pretty tight. I can rack the slide by hand but definitely need a wrench to free the barrel bushing.

My only problem is that it makes at least one of my other high end 9mm 1911s surplus. Here are some photos of the 9mm along with the blue steel .45. I probably am going to put a set of the same grips on the .45 (Lok black roughnecks) on the 9mm.

CD48DA82-002D-4E43-BC34-0A5F6E4B4E58.jpeg
762C8F5B-7B9C-47A7-ADD9-5D9E62E1B29F.jpeg
6002ACD0-FE70-43A2-8CC8-961C98ACB05B.jpeg

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,057 Posts
Wow, the hard chrome is breathtaking

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! Did ACW change thumb safeties, they look different between the two?
The 9mm safety is wider. I don't know if that is a change. I bought the earlier .45 from another member so maybe he ordered a narrower safety.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Very nice indeed!

Reactions: Greenrunner

·
Batteries_included
358 Posts
Congrats! If ordering, you might as well get the accuracy guarantee and the extra hand fitting that goes with it. Good choice.

ACW did switch their thumb safety. From C&S to Novak I believe.
ACW post from another forum:
"No. EGW mag catch, slide stop, grip safety etc. All barstock 4140."

·
Get off my lawn...
14,822 Posts
That is sooo nice, Greenrunner! I’d really like one of Rob’s Prime Model, in 38 Super. Love the naked slide option, with just a tasteful ACW logo aft of the cocking serrations! Well played, Sir!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is a beaut. Came with a nice test target with, IIRC, 9 rounds in one hole. Hoping to get to the range in a couple of days. About a month after I put in the order, I modified it to add the naked slide after I saw a similar hard chrome .45 on Gunslingers.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
The hard chrome (HC) looks very nice and is extremely serviceable.

I have a Classic Carry (Commander) coming in July, and agonized over blue vs. HC. Finally settled on the former as it is less noticeable. It will be carried everyday, so decided not to worry about the bluing rubbing off. Will also wipe it down once a week. Mine is coming in God's Caliber.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I'm still on a search for a full size 1911 in 9mm, Rob does make nice stuff but I'm really looking for the used market.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts