1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I’m DocHo and I’m a 1911 Addict.

A friend sent me a link to a thread on Pachmayr Combat Specials, my favorite topic!

I became obsessed with 1911’s as a teen. I bought my first while serving in the Army. I am currently a free lance Nurse Anesthetist. Home base is North Carolina, but I travel, a lot.

Favorite 1911’s include an Innovative Custom Combat Commander, a Gunsite GSP on a Springfield, an old Pachmayr Bullseye Gun, and a Frankengun with a Gold Cup receiver and a Government Model slide that belonged to my late brother.

I go to firearms training frequently. I read old gun books, and am fascinated with the history of Jeff Cooper and his Modern Technique.

I hope we can find something to talk about.

DocHo

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
First off, as a medical professional, you should understand . . . . you can attend all the therapy you like, but there is no cure.

Sick Twisted.JPG

Secondly, Addicts is anti-therapy therapy.

Thirdly, here is the mother of all Frankengats . . . Meet Eyegore . . . .

PCZoid-grips-final - 01.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 06.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 08.JPG

And lastly, never, and I mean NEVER, take any advice from the one they call Zoid . . . . .

Oh yeah,
@welcome.gif

Z

·
Registered
299 Posts
I go to firearms training frequently. I read old gun books, and am fascinated with the history of Jeff Cooper and his Modern Technique.
Welcome to the forum from the great Pacific Northwest! I too am an old school fan of John Dean Cooper and the Modern Technique; I even still shoot a modified Weaver as they thought me at Gunsite#250. I’m pretty new here as well but this forum is very welcoming, and it’s membership has a deep vast knowledge of the 1911. Welcome again!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts