1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a shout out to Dave Cox from Davis Leather in AZ. I asked him to make me a carry rig (holster, mag pouches and belt) based on his T-Omega holster with a couple of minor modifications. I requested a 3/4" drop and a slightly forward muzzle cant. I also asked if he could modify the holster belt tunnel with a cut-out so I could position the holster on top of the 3 o'clock belt loop of my pants. These modifications were no problem for Dave and I ordered the rig on February 21. I told Dave to take his time as the rig was for a Guncrafter Model 1 which was a couple of months out from delivery. The rig was delivered on April 5.

I am very pleased with Dave's work and how he handled the requested modifications. I have owned holsters from Davis Leather as far back as 30 years ago and always believed they were top quality holsters. This rig is no exception and obviously Dave Cox is carrying on in the finest traditions of that company.

Sorry for the quality of the photos. I'm not much of a picture taker.

View attachment 255895
00zNkztVSlivmiqo5GKKAA.jpg
w1dVny+RR8it%n10Cu7lIg.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice gear. Dave does amazing work.

My Gunsite Omega is the most solid holster I've handled. It's built like a tank.

Now you've got me wishing it had that notch in the tunnel to straddle a belt loop. *Sigh* Guess I gotta order another rig. :)

Reactions: gps man

·
Registered
224 Posts
thumbnail (69).jpg
this is my rig from gordon davis, its at least 40 years old. still works and looks fine. i seem to recall, it was made for me to use at one of the jeff cooper's mexican defense courses....glad to see rigs like this are still being made. your post brought me back to the good ole days......to be young, carefree and 40lbs lighter! thank you.
thumbnail (69).jpg

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
View attachment 256103 this is my rig from gordon davis, its at least 40 years old. still works and looks fine. i seem to recall, it was made for me to use at one of the jeff cooper's mexican defense courses....glad to see rigs like this are still being made. your post brought me back to the good ole days......to be young, carefree and 40lbs lighter! thank you. View attachment 256103
Gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 256103 this is my rig from gordon davis, its at least 40 years old. still works and looks fine. i seem to recall, it was made for me to use at one of the jeff cooper's mexican defense courses....glad to see rigs like this are still being made. your post brought me back to the good ole days......to be young, carefree and 40lbs lighter! thank you. View attachment 256103
LOL! Still a great looking holster!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave does outstanding work and is a pleasure to talk to.

I use my Davis Realist holster and two mag pouches for my competition rig.

Yeah, kind of old school but a 1911 sure looks good in it.

Your original posting of this photo was one of the reasons I started thinking about Davis Holsters again, thanks!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Beautiful setup!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts