As a testbed for several different things I'm trying out and learning, I put together a beater out of some parts I was going to use for something else. Kind of similar to how a spare buttstock turned into an Ar15. :lol:. Plain Caspian frame, Sarco slide (Rock Island I'm sure, looks like a STI Spartan), Roto barrel. Decent internals; Ed Brown, EGW, Wilson hammer. Used it to try out my new sandblaster. Was going to parkerize it, but decided to Cerakote instead. Lower went together fairly easy. Was cut for GI tangs, so beavertailed it myself. Slide to frame took some work and a lot of hammering/lapping to get right. Trigger tunnel is very tight, had to grind the trigger down some. Trigger is cheap, will replace it sometime with probably a Wilson or 10-8 flat trigger. Cerakote turned out extremely well. I left the park on the slide just as a test. There's a bit more texture there than on the frame. Frame turned out awesome and smooth. 2 hours in the oven at 250 degrees and you are ready to go. Why anybody would want Duracoat over this stuff is beyond me. I seemed to have gotten it on a bit thick at the rails, had to do some more lapping to smooth it up. Frame to slide is VERY tight now. Hot out of the oven. Throw some cinnamon in there on a plate and everything smells great. :lol: Between it, The Fusion and the Remsport, the Remsport went together the easiest. I've got about $400 in the Caspian, not counting the investment in some new tools. Be a good tractor toolbox gun. Thumb safety got a little orange peel going on. Will blast it off and redo sometime. Will shoot it today sometime. Video to follow.